What if? (Peyton Manning)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Jun 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I got to thinking yesterday in the horrific Atlanta traffic. What I was thinking is, what if we signed Peyton last year, where would we be as a franchise right now and in the coming years.

All the draft picks we selected this year, wouldn't be a Titan if we signed Peyton. Also, I highly doubt the free agents we signed wouldn't be Titans' either, with the exception of maybe 1 or 2.

So what I want to know is, would we be in a better situation for the future if we signed Manning? Or did we come out better by not signing him?

Oh yeah, sorry for not being talkative this week. It's been raining all freaking week out here and when that happens, I have to put in tons of overtime.

2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Going after Manning saved us from giving Mario Williams a ridiculous contract that would have put a ball and chain on this franchise for years to come.

In the end, it was a win-win.

• High Five High Five x 10
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If Peyton was on our team right now, we'd be favorites to win it all. He makes everyone around him better. Our defense would be just as good, if not better than what the Broncos had last year, and our offense would be better than theirs is.

But we would not have had room for all these players if he were here.

All in all, I guess I'm still glad we didn't sign him - just because we are set up better for the future. He has two years left to win a Super Bowl before he is 100% washed up and playing like KFC. And we all know his track record in the playoffs... choke artist.

He'd just add to our crushed hopes and dreams of winning a championship... we'd somehow probably go one and done against the Ravens again, and I just can't handle that BS anymore.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yeah I hear you on that one. I kinda wanted him, but at the same time I didn't. I think if we signed him, and we didn't do anything, he would have really held this franchise back.

Manning right now would be ideal for what we need, but I don't think we had the pieces to succeed with him when he was on our radar.

Honestly, I think this franchise was better off in not signing him to be honest.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

That sir, is true.

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

Well done sir. Welcome back.

7. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Had we signed him, we wouldn't have witnessed what we did last year, that's a huge plus. Things would be much better had we signed him, and I think the team would have been able to draw better players in free agency as well. FA's would prefer to come hear, and we wouldn't have to overpay every FA we sign.

Manning would run the show offensively. And he would do a big portion of Munchak's job for him. That would be fantastic, he would be a much better coach than our current HC. There is no doubt in my mind that if he would have picked the Titans, we would be in a much better place than we currently are.

8. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

He would have probably gotten injured given that we had a non-existent OLine last year.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

No doubt, we would be better right now. But would we better 2 or 3 years from now?

10. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Thank my plastic surgeon. I'm Harvey Dent again.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar