What if, hypothetically.......

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Jwill1919, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

you never gave this thread a chance, did you Puck?

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

sure I did, I've replied to it more than anyone

I juist don't think it's realistic to find Kiwinuka
    or Hali
    or Maroney

to be there in the 2nd

there's a smal outside chance that Moss might
    but I think we got 5 good WR's on this team (save Calico)

but if it makes you happy, if Kiwi is there ...... HELL YEAH BOY !!!

3. maximus

maximus Starter

There is no chance that Kiwi or the other players are there when we pick in the second round, unless the blow it at combine and/or personal workouts

IF one of them is around when we pick in the second, I am all for picking on of them, I personally would love to see many of those players in 2 tone blue

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

but let's talk realistically for a minute ........

in some Round 2 mocks, I've seen D'Qwell Jackson - ILB fall to us
    also in the second may be Manny Lawson - OLB / DE , who had excellent workouts at the Senior Bowl; NFLDraftCountdown has him going 1 spot in front of us to SanFran

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Eric Winston (OT)
    Daniel Bullocks (S)
    Donte Whitner (S)
    and Maurice Stovall (WR / H-Back)

could all be real possibilities

6. maximus

maximus Starter

I would love to Get Eric Winston with the 2nd round pick. Paired with Roos, our OTs could be dominate for years and give protection to the QB and open run lanes for whatever RB the Titans have

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

We'll see. I think his straight-ahead speed is perhaps the best. Again, we'll see. However, during that televised college competition, Chad Jackson ran the course faster than Sinorice Moss. 6'1" 205 lbs, and he beat him by several seconds. I like Jackson the most right now, myself. The others, Hagan, Stovall, etc. seem to have to build themselves back up. If nothing else happens, Jackson could be there when we pick in the 2nd, and I'd give him consideration if that were the case. Moss' size could cause him to slip before it's over.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Kiwi will drop, but to mid-late first. Hali might go sooner (M. Williams will be first I think). Moss, possibly, due to his size. Maroney I could see slipping a bit (could be a system product in Minnesota I think), but I think he goes before we pick since there is that rotation amongst tied teams crap. We'd have to trade up a little to get him. I think the Colts go after him if they lose James if FA.

I'll grant Moss as the most likely, and I think they pass on him given the need. As it stands, we couldn't wait until the 4th to grab a LB, S or OT/G.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

agreed, we need to take one of these 3 positions on the 1st day.
    DE's / RB's / WR's can wait 'til Day 2 .... imo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar