What I expect this yr....................

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

The night before the season starts is usually pretty big day for my household..............many reasons for it that are not important for the sakes of this post but suffice to say I wanted to share a few things with this board............

No one has been a bigger optimist about this team then me............many think I am completely nuts considering how the passing game is in a deep freeze............how VY has looked............how bad the WR look ............how fat LW looks ......Bironas has not even kicked a ball yet............Why is fowler playing over Tully...........does Harper got another season in him.........will Chris Hope's neck make it thru.............How can we make it on ST...........who will return kicks or punts............The schedule is alot harder................all of that has crossed thru every single poster on this board..................can we overcome our HC or Coordinators?

Let me tell you what I expect.............

1. There will be times that challenge your core beliefs on our team and on our stars players and our coaching staff.............they will make errors that cost us games. We will face adversity......maybe even lots of it............but I see 53 men who can handle what this season will throw at us...................one or more of our studs will get hurt and we will have to put a no name in to fill a gap............there will be a stretch where you all may lose faith and question our QB our RB or even the coaching staff.............maybe even the D..............remember that the ultimate goal is getting to the big game..............there are may paths to getting there.............winning 16 regular season games can get you there...........so can winning nine games.............it has been done already...........there is no one formula. Every yr a new formula occurs.

2. Expect the unexpected............We will win some games that we should not and we will lose another that we should not.............but the real story of the seaosn will be in how we come back from adversity and how the lockeroom believes in one another.............no one player is bigger than the team............the one thing I can say without any doubt is this team is together...........all 53 guys are in it for the same reason..........no cancers no issues...........all these guys are on the same page. I have no questions that these guys have each others backs..............this group is loose and they have a big chip on their shoulders.............our best player is playing for his financial future..............I like that alot.

3. JF is wrong is wrong about one thing this yr...........last yr does matter.............this team returns a ton of players who won very very tough and close games.............Last yr this team found out how to win the ugly close game...........they dont care how they do it or how everyone percieves their wins.............they only care about winning.

4. The team reminds me of the 85 and 86 Bears in mentality............they have the ability to bring the type of constant pressure that no one expects............the depth of the DL is sadly underscored even by the teams beat writers..............even by some on this board..........this defense is the best defense the Oiler or Titans have ever fielded................and no matter how ugly we are ............we will be in just about every game............86 bears in mentality.............but they will have to prove that comparison just with execution.................

5. I bet we get blown out in one game............

6. I bet we lose a game on a FG.............

7. I bet VY throws 3 picks in a game...........maybe even a half...........but I also bet he has a chance to win that very same game. Remember we will lose some battles.............but we're in it for a bigger cause.

8. I bet we blow out a team this yr several times............dont let it go to your head

9. I bet some player off the bench comes in to make a huge impact that no one sees coming.............

10. I bet the season comes down to the last 4 games which will be ou toughest four..............look at the schedule now............we will fight with the Texans for the final post season birth.............I also will bet my life that this will be VY coming out party............he will be villified by the talking heads and fans and this board...............but the boys and the staff wont bail on him..............I bet VY earns those stripes this yr. There will always be doubters.............I have no doubt that VY will lead us................

11. I expect us to be in the playoffs and when there we will be dogs and will be marginalized...............I bet when there it will be a bench player and a rookie who make the difference somehow............I bet VY does something to win a game we sholuld have won...................

12.................The season will end with the ball in VY hands............and he will do something you wont forget.

13. This team has the IT I cant explain..............never have I seen a group with quiet confidence..............never have I seen a rookie class so ready to make an impact..............never have I seen a Coach of this team seem so at ease.............I think he knows we have something different................I see vets that clearly see something different............they know that they have some young bucks who can tote the rock and step in to spell a dead tired stud.................

14. There will be plays in which you see the potential I have seen...........there will be things that light the fire in your fandom................there will be something almost every week that will make you get out of your seat at LP or on your couch..........i bet thos team may make you spend your money and time and finally get you off your duff and travel to an away game and see us take away someone's pride live............see how we manhandle our way to what we earn............make you proud they are your team....................This yr will bring you highs and lows.............but thru it all the team will grow and it will be the team that is greater than the sum of its parts..............

Get on board............and get your popcorn..............

to summarize my thoughts in a sentence...........I expect GAME SET and MATCH ...................

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Bongo, I've gotta say. That was inspiring. A lot of things you've stated are very abstract, so there's really no way to argue it either way. But I'm on the bandwagon with you man! GO TITANS!

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

man when was the last time we blew out a team, boy it would be nice to chuck on 40 one game.

4. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

GB monday night..........48 points I believe. Before that 41 points against the Jags and I think 43 on the Steelers in 99

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

God my memory sucks... didn't they drill the Saints on MNF? Not forty points, but I think it was a blowout.

6. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

31-10 or 17............last yr week three i think............i was there but the game was close until Fuller INT TD.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I have that game on DVD

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

What about the opener against Jacksonville last year. Wasn't it 35-10?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

nah that was 13 - 10.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Love the optimism. I can't get a good read on the offense but that is probably by design. I hope Dinger flips a switch when the full offense is in place. Defensively, I think this group can be as good as the 2000 team.

If the Titans can get decent production from Young and stay healthy, I think the team has as good a shot as anyone for one of the Wildcard slots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar