What has become of fan loyalty?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by moose4now, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

And one other thing... nice post RollTide. I agree.

2. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

I agree, I also understand the original post on this thread, My loyality is with the titans, it was when we were in Houston and it will remain, I have to say though it would be hard to not have Fisher on this team, Regardless of "what have you done for me lately" he's a GREAT Coach and we've had to rebuild on what we once had... I compare it to the seahawks past 5 yrs, the fans had been calling for Holmgren to be axed, he was "Hurting" the team and wasn't going to get them where they wanted to be.. Well it's true he didn't turn it around in two years, it took him 4 and where did this coach that had been hurting the team take them last year, Detroit... Waiting sucks, losing sucks, but until a few years ago we hadn't had to deal with these problems like we've had to since we had to begin to rebuild... We were a great and exciting winning team no question and we will get back to that, we've had a couple tough years to stomach but it doesn't mean it's over.... we'll get back to where we were...sooner then later I hope...

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Moose...

And, through all of this there have been people calling for the firing of both people who have done so much for the Oilers/Titans organizations.
    ----------------------

I can't disagree with you more. Fisher and reese have given us 4 winning seasons and 4 losing seasons and 3 8-8 seasons in the 11 years they have run this team with no super bowl rings. You write as if they have won multiple super bowls.

There is not a darn thing wrong with complaining about how they have done their job especially after the last 2 years.

This is the season that tips the scales one way or another. Another 5-11 type year and someone does deserve to get fired. Don't be too sentimental about these guys they are paid as elites at their respective jobs and three straight losing seasons is not exceptable. If you think that the talent isn't good enough you should except that reese be fired. If you think the talent is there(i'm one of them) then it's fisher who should get the axe but please don't talk about these guys as if we were the patriots or the 1980s redskins.

4. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

I dont disagree with you, My point was I understand Moose's feeling on it and the side you posted, the long and short of what I was trying to get across was it takes time...I'm all about people being responsible for their jobs on and off the field..

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

EZpickin..

Did you go look at the seahawks record during this supposedly bad time for holmgren? In his 6 seasons prior to last year the seahawks were 50-46 under holmgren with 4 winning seasons and 3 playoff appearences. Holmgren's two losing seasons were 7-9 and 6-10 and not in successive years.

I'm not sure seahawk fans complaining about going 9-7 is anything like what we have here. Holmgren's worst 2 season win total was 15 nothing as bad as the 9 the last 2 seasons for the titans and many here think that another 5-11 season is in the works.

You do understand that most of us me included are not calling for fisher to be fired now but IF, IF we suck that bad again. It's the looming possibility of another 4-12, 5-11 type year that has us worked up.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The Seahawk fans were complaining during that stretch BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T GET A HOME WIN!!!!!!!

I'VE TRIED TO QUIT DUNG FLINGING BUT WE NEED A HOME WIN to shut up alot of PSL holders. It sucks to pay big bucks and then ride home feeling bad about the team, the event and the money you spent.

7. mendonite84

mendonite84 Guest

The Titans didn't exactly show McNair a lot of loyalty with the way they handled that situation if you ask me. And that was about an 8 Million dollar decision for #9. What SANE person wouldn't have done what he did, considering the money and the way he was treated at the end?

8. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I'm a loyal to my Titans, but I want them to win. If that means firing everyone and starting over, so be it.

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

fischer doesnt have to go, if you give a coach garbage, he can make it into a garbage house at best, just look at green bay

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

To me, loyalty is supporting your team through the thick and thin. Yeah you can be pissed at them, but every Sunday your there rooting for them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar