What has become of fan loyalty?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by moose4now, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Recently there has been a lot of talk about the future of Jeff Fisher and Floyd Reese. And, through all of this there have been people calling for the firing of both people who have done so much for the Oilers/Titans organizations.

All of this talk made me think of other players significant players who (after they left the organization) were treated, by some fans, as though they were never a part of the team.

Which brings me to my question.

What has become of fan loyalty? :hmm:

From the time Eddie George, Steve McNair, Derrick Mason, and Samari Rolle left, all the good that they did for this franchise seemed to be gone.

And, all it's taken is for the talk of Fish to be leaving (along with a QB controversy) for people to turn on him.

And, he isn't even gone, yet. :rolleyes:

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I'm a fan of the team. I'm loyal to the team. I don't have any loyalty to players on other teams.

3. DynamoSupremo

DynamoSupremo F-Back

So in a society of instant gratification and ADHD, you're wondering why some people aren't exactly peachy?

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

But, if players (EG, Mac, etc...) have helped build your franchise to a certain status, I just feel that you should remain loyal to those players or personnel.

Much like the Pittsburgh Steelers, Dallas Cowboys, and Washington Redskins (to name a few teams) have.

5. Broken Record

Did Eddie George show the Titans and their fans any loyalty when Jerry Jones came calling?

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Many will fall off our bandwagon before we get back to winning ways. When we start winning again they'll jump back on as if they'd never left.

People have short memories when it suits them. I still wear my Eddie George jersey on game days(its the only jersey I have:)) ).

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Did McNair show the Titans loyalty when Murder Inc., sorry I mean Baltimore came calling?

I'm loyal to the Titans as a club, a concept if you will and I'm loyal to players that had to be released by the team against their wishes (Robaire and Godfrey to name a couple). I have NO loyalty to players, coaches or administrative personnel that are deliberately or accidentaly hurting the team and right now I believe Fisher and/or Reese are hurting the team.

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Are you still a fan of his today now that he's left the Cowboys?

Or, have you had it with him?

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What loyalty is...

For an nfl football fan loyalty means cheering for and supporting a team no matter what and wanting them to win. Just because your team sucks you don't decide to cheer for another team.

Loyalty does not require one to sit back like a vegetable and not criticise things you disagree with or complaining that your team sucks.

An example of not being a loyal fan? Wanting your team to lose so you can get a higher draft pick.

...wanting a significant player to have a bad day so your fantasy team can win. crap like that. Sitting by and accepting defeat..

Regarding fisher's status it is simply a matter of him doing his job. My loyalty is to the titans not jeff fisher.

Regarding titan players on other teams that is a personal matter. We as titan fans are not obligated to cheer for any player on any other team former titans or not but if you choose to do that it is not disloyal.

10. Broken Record

Eddie is fine by me now. I don't have an opportunity to cheer for him or not cheer for him, though, since he doesn't play any more. When I see a replay of him running over Ray Lewis in the playoffs I enjoy it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar