What happened to your Rd1 ideal picks of 09'?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Childress79, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I really wanted us to draft Robert Ayers last year.

I saw him as a bit of a gamble but with a lot of upside who could take the double teams off KVB.

He went to the Broncos and did nothing. Partly because the Broncos didn't need him to start right away.

In hindsight I don't think he'd have made a difference for the Titans. We had serious issues in the middle of the line and Jacob Ford is more than Ayers could have offered.

How do you now feel about the players you rooted for us to draft with our 1st pick last April?

2. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

I wanted Harvin bad; especially when he started to fall. He ended up doing alright.

That being said a few years ago; I wanted Ted Ginn Jr. and then Limas Sweed LOL

3. Marko

Marko Starter

I really wanted Limas Sweed too. Thank god we didnt go there :D

4. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Yeah I couldn't believe we passed on Sweed in the 1st and when the Steelers took him with the pick just before ours in the 2nd; I was literally kicking stuff.
    This year my dream pick is Spiller.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Hakeem Nicks but I'm more then happy with Britt.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Honestly i was wanting either Jeremy Maclin or Rey Maualuga. Coming out of USC, i thought he was going to get drafted in the top 20, and when he started to slip i was really hoping we would take him. But Jeremy was the one i really wanted to see in 2 tone blue. But i could say that i'm extremely happy for getting Kenny Britt.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was hoping for either Hakeem Nicks or Percy Harvin, but I was just as happy once we landed Kenny Britt. I knew that Britt was at least a Titans type WR, big and shields the ball with his body and range. I would have been fine with any WR really. I've had enough of Gage as our No. 1 option.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

what he said.

9. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Yeah Britt looks like a gamer for sure.

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I wanted us to draft Laurinaitis, and though I like Britt, I still think Laurinaitis would have been the right pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar