What grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Broken Record, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

little 12/13 year old girls who dress like little you-know-whats in mini skirts and tight shirts thinking they look hot. its just weird.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

False! And I am a good lawyer... or at least I will be in another 6 months.

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

"I'll hang up and listen to your comments."

I listen to a good bit of sports talk radio and for some reason, that statement always grinds my gears.

Are they too scared to continue dialog after their scripted question is over? Are they like Jim Rome's lemmings who call up and stutter through something pre-prepared, but are absolutely ill equipped to continue the conversation once it leaves the safety of their paper?

Oh and another thing that grinds my gears... Jim Rome...

and Ryan Seacrest... OUT.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

1000% agree :ha:

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

When Rome is interviewing someone and starts the question with "talk about____". Rather than just asking the question outright or saying rather "what can you tell us about________?". Just sounds a little like an arrogant demand...

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

All the family guy references really made me laugh!

Ok, one of the nerdy-er things about me is... well.... I like star trek..... I'm not a "trekkie" or a "trekker" but a fan. It started with TNG, then Deep Space Nine and classic original series episodes.... then Voyager and Enterprise which both pretty much sucked except for a handful of episodes... I didn't watch every episode of those last two series but I saw quite a few.

And what really grinds my gears about Star Trek is the lack of respect for continuity in the series. The writers during Voyager and Enterprise pretty much wrote and did whatever the hell they wanted without any respect towards the lore of Star Trek. It's kind of killed Star Trek for me which is sad. well I guess it pretty much killed star trek all together.

At least the "new" Battlestar Gallactica came along to save me and my nerdy sci-fi ways!

Oh and time-travel episodes, movies, whatever... a few done outstanding but most done so sloppy and unrealistically it just ticks me off!

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:geek:

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I too love Star Trek. The original series and NextGen and the movies specifically. I'll take Trek over Star Wars every time. Looking forward to new Star Trek prequel and I'm glad as hell Rick Berman has nothing to do with it.. Sad that Shatner got snubbed while Nimoy is returning as "old" Spock - but Shat should have never agreed to kill Kirk in Generations..
    Live Long and Prosper...

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

what is this ST prequel you speak of?

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/
    Great cast so far.. Simon Pegg as Scotty? Awesome!

Should be noted that JJ Abrams is the same guy putting out that weird as of yet untitled movie that everyone was on about here for a while...

I'll start up a continuation thread in the movie forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar