Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

What good is a ticked off Billy Volek?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Ewker Starter

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $2,000
    I think Billy wants to throw the ball long. two reasons why it isn't working

#2 The OL is not giving him time
    #1 Chow doesn't want to
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,393
    Neither do I. Especially when other duds are still starting when they shouldnt be.
  2. Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,185
    We don't know what's been said to him off the record, but I don't know why he's so pissed.

BV is a nice guy, but I don't think he has the ego you need to be a starting QB in the NFL. He dosen't have that cocky swagger, the "this is my team" attitude. I heard him say on Titans All-Access that he is just a cog in the machine. That view won't make it. He has to exude leadership, and not be afraid of competition.
  3. Riverman Raise the Wrath

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,566
    I believe there are 3 reasons KC is here.

1. Chow-ball isn't working for BV and BV isn't working for Chow-Ball. I don't know if it is talent or desire, but no way has BV done as well under Chow as he did under "Dinger". I believe Fisher recognizes this also. How many TD drives has BV put together under Chow?
    2. I don't believe the players respect BV as much as they do VY. IMO, they appear to play harder for Vince. I believe Fisher thinks they will respect KC more.
    3. With KC here, we can shop BV and maybe get OL or DL help. With a better line, I guarantee you there won't be any noticeable difference between BV and KC. This gives BV a chance at landing a starting job without an immediate successor in the wings.

I like BV, but not really because of his play. He has always frustrated me because he just can't seem to get it in the end zone. I like BV just because he told Rosenturd to 'SHUT UP' to the press last year about the trade issue and he had a good run of "deep balls" to Bennett 2 years ago under Dinger. He really hasn't done much lately. I wish we had traded him to the Jets when Pennington went down last year. We would have probably had another 2nd round pick this year.

The only reason I didn't like KC is because I felt like we were settling for left-overs no other team wanted. Now, I believe his experience is exactly what we need to execute Chow-ball. I know he can't score less TD's than BV has so I'm all behind giving him a try. And if it brings out the best in BV- that's great too.

Anyway, for some strange reason, I am particularly optimistic about KC being here.

[IMG]
  4. Ewker Starter

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $2,000
    If people think BV is slow just wait and see how slow KC is. The OL will get all 3 QB's killed
  5. Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,185
    Maybe 2, but I think an unleashed VY can fend for himself.

I have hope that a re-shuffled O-line will fare better in the reqular season.

Keep hope alive...
  6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Verner
    Moolah:
    $327
    I am as well. I've been really quiet about it. Glad to see I'm not the only one.
  7. moose4now Starter

Moolah:
    $55
    He'll be traded before that happens. :rolleyes:
  8. LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Moolah:
    $0

well lets see, why did the raiders keep KC for a year and bring in moss, FOR THE LONG BALL, so tell me, why is KC is Tennessee????????:rolleyes: :grrr: :irked:
  9. LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Moolah:
    $0
    oh yeah and i forgot, billy should be pissed, he came in and did better than mcnair 2 yrs ago with bennett, the bring mcnair back, get owned, and now KC, so, when does Volek get to show hes got talent again???
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.