What good is a ticked off Billy Volek?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

The frustrating thing with Collins ( I'm assuming ) for Volek... is he's a established starter with a decent resume.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

A lot of truth in that statement esp what I highlighted in bold

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Billy needs to ball or get out. If he can't do what they want him to do than he clearly isn't the man for the job. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now. Let me put it this way... a month ago I thought I would be signing his praises by now. People... the man hasn't thrown a TD pass... I saw a certain Cinci qb throw like 10 or something during the 2 minute warning. It was sick.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Billy Volek is no Carson Palmer.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Bipolar, you need to be asking Chow why he won't go downfield not BV. I think a lot of the blame goes to Chow and his lame play calling

6. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Dude, that's exactly what I was thinking. I can't get my head around it. On the one hand, I think it might make sense, but IMO, I still think a nice vet DT would've been the way to go.

You can't back Volek and then bring in Collins. As the great Tone Loc said, "Something ain't stirrin' the kool-aid, man.":gag:

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

there in lies the benefit of my doubt. (and that line too)

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I saw Volek not take a shot at least twice on Saturday night to guys who were wide open. Maybe he couldn't see it because he had a face full of Piller's backside but something had to spark the signing and I bet it was more than just a few missed chances against the Falcons. You'd have to think something might be going on in practice as well.

9. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

you can't go deep until the play develops, and the receiver gets out. The receiver can't get out if the OL starts backpedaling right from the snap.

10. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

Billy hasn't had a prayer so far this preseason due to lack of talent on the front line and lack of a playmaker at receiver. I don't think there is a QB out there that would make this team look good with what we have for them to work with. About time to start pointing fingers at either Reese for the crap he calls players that he has drafted lately or the coaching staff for not being able to coach them up to be good players. Admittedly, Volek hasn't looked good regaurdless but I dont think it is all his fault.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar