What game(s) are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Ryudo, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

been getting back into fallout 4. i should have never quit. greatness all around

2. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

What the...

3. VondyP

FO4 > all recent RPGs in the last 2 years

4. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Ohhhhh boy. If you are comparing your game preferences for FO4 vs all other RPGs I can understand. That's just the type of game you like. FO4 is an action game with lite rpg elements.

RPGs are complex and complicated. This leaves the market very niche. FO4 removed all that stuff, that's why it sold so well.

For a WRPG it needs to be heavily stats based, an open story, great dialogue.

All of those don't exist in FO4.

The perk system overtook everything, they removed the skills system. Your character build in a game such as New Vegas had purpose. It allowed you to follow quest lines in a different path. FO4 does not. Speech check is a great example. All it may do is give an extra reward, all while being super simplified. Level cap in NV forces you to pick one style of character. FO4 you can just keep levelling until you are god.

The story is so forced and terribly written. If you freaked out wondering where Shaun was, why would your character roam the world or do side quests? It makes no sense. The writing and dialogue choices in this are horrendous. Whatever you chose from the speech bubble plays little to no impact.

FO4 is an alright game but a terrible rpg.

Better RPGs from last two years:

Undertale
    Witcher 3
    Pillars of eternity
    Xenoblade chronicles X
    Shadowrun Hong Kong
    Bravely Second
    I am Setsuna
    Torment tides of nomura

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

GTA V Online better than all that

6. VondyP

its an rpg and your upset that you can wander around instead of be forced to chase your son? give me a break

the dialogue is **** compared to the previous years but if you get the full dialogue mod it somewhat improves that, although i agree it did take a huge step back.

also just because you play ridiculous jrpgs doesnt make other rpgs worse. FO4 is ****ing huge with tons of rpg elements, regardless of extensive stats.

FO4 > all those games you listed, especially the witcher, since that game is overhyped gwent

7. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

I included WRPG and ARPG as well as JRPG. Huge map and size isn't what makes something an RPG. If that were the case the Far Cry series would now be considered RPGs, which they aren't.

The story behind an RPG is a big deal yes. You are supposed to make your OWN role not be shoehorned into a story.

8. VondyP

there are like 3 different endings in this game and a number of routes to get there, clearly you aren't shoehorned into ****

9. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

You are shoehorned into having a son that you must find on a predetermined path. You don't have a number of routes to get there lol. Clear all brotherhood quests, you can take that path. Clear Railroad quests you can take that path. All of which feature linear missions which do not affect much.

Here is a nice article to sum it up. Its by RPGCodex. They are the masters when it comes to RPGs.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10267

Here is the last paragraph because it is a long read.

"Fallout 4 is a serious game full of caricatures; it's a comedy game without any funny parts; it's a 100+ hour single player shooter; it's a treadmill of linear fetch and kill quests coupled with atrocious writing. It's a shallow and simplistic game that struggles to create an illusion of depth and variety. It is a lazy, nonsensical, and fundamentally dumb piece of design that offers nothing of interest to the discerning cRPG player. I regret every minute I wasted playing this game. There is nothing more to say."

#1659 The Bukafax, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  10. VondyP

oh look you found a review bashing it. here let me find 100 others calling it game of the year.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar