What do you think Kenny was thinking here?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I give KB a pass on this play, tough to hold on to the ball. I don't remember the play too well but I partially fault Jake for the high throw although I don't remember if this ball had to be thrown high. The rest of the game tho he does not get a pass for!

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I've got rewind. It is fast when it happens but he still twists his body trying to land on his front. Most athletes would do the same. I'm not saying he was wrong to do it, just that there were other options. One should know their own limits in situations like that.

At the same time as you said, it was a bang bang play, without much time to respond. He probably just did what was natural. But it was wrong.

3. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

Yea, it really looks in that sequence that he neither cares or is trying.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Ensconatus is right and I noticed it right as it happened. Kenny almost broke his damn neck when he should have just continued to fall as he was and ended up on his back instead. He twisted into the position he ended up in, he's lucky it wasn't much worse. It sure looked horrible. Glad that he got up and glad that it wasn't too serious. The DB had backed off at that point because he saw that the landing was gonna be bad so had Kenny just stayed as he was he would have just landed on his back.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yea he done it to himself.
    Literally the instant it happened I thought... Why'd he turn??

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I've been keeping to myself after the Chargers win with regards to KB. I've been a huge fan of this guy, always talking him up and I'm extremely disappointed.

In a nut shell, horrible play out the gate, a tweet complain, followed by EVEN WORSE play. And when I say horrible I mean it in every possible way - even when he's not involved in a play he's still dragging the team backwards. No one can defend him at this point and it might be too late for even Britt to save his own career.

I remember when I got GamePass I re-watched that stretch of games (7-12?) over 2 seasons where Britt made KFC (and Young?) look like amazing passers. He caught everything, he ran hard, he was aggressive, strong, fast, he gave effort... Well he's none of those things now, and the last one is where I seriously worry. I'm actually not just disappointed, I'm flat out pissed.

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

As for this play, I re-watched it many times and you can see it better in fast motion. The defender hit Britt when he was in the air and catching the ball. He was definitely defenseless and I can't believe that wasn't called.

Watch closely, when Britt goes up for the ball, the defender's head is already down and he's driving for the hit. When he gets there, Britt's airborne and he pushes with his forearm and helmet into Britt's lower butt/upper thigh and essentially causes the flip. I've seen much lighter hits (often with no injuries) result in that penalty. Thing is I guess you could argue its not a 'hit' but still, that looked like another blown penalty (man the ref's were AWFUL).

If you actually watch closely when he flips, if he wanted, he coulda let go of the ball and really mitigated the impact, as well as shift it off the neck. I commend him for keeping his arm curled and trying to haul it in. After the start to the season, he didn't have a choice either.

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

He doesn't think too well, that's why. Just like running his mouth, then not performing and laughing on the sidelines. He doesn't think too well. Who the hell is gonna give me a contract next year? Maybe I should play better and try NOT to get injured. Act like I give a damn when I screw the pooch.... You know, the things thoughtful people think.

I will admit one thing, I was happy for a second when he stayed down hoping that would get him out of the game...... then I hoped he wasn't seriously hurt. It did look real bad. But it sucks to hope one of your own is pulled from the game, even for a second.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar