What do you really think of Cortland?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VA_Titans

VA_Titans Camp Fodder

Finny would be a great number 2

2. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

I don't think he ever has, or will be, a shutdown corner. He benefited in 2008 from intense pressure on the quarterback, when he's had to cover guys for longer in the past couple of seasons it's shown that he is a good tough player, but not an elite cover corner.

That being said, I love the guy's attitude and energy, I'm happy he wound up that punk so much that he ended up getting smashed in the face a few times. Not only that, he stood straight up and clapped his hands. It made my day; the team had been heartless, gutless and embarrassed, at least Finny was still showing some passion. I think if he knew he was going to get ejected anyway, you'd have seen AJ take a few hooks.... shame.

3. VA_Titans

VA_Titans Camp Fodder

I doubt we see Johnson in three weeks ha... Finny might be out to

4. DJB

DJB Starter

If AJ was to get 3 games (which he wont) then I change my opinion to Finnegan is my favorite player

5. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

Kyle Van Der Sloot Den Bosch

6. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

I love Finnegan the Titan... if he was on another team maybe it would be more of an issue to me. I love his energy and passion but he needs to focus more on stopping the pass. Yesterday's fight was over a year or so in the making, appearantly AJ asked Finnegan to cut it out during the course of the game and he kept it up prompting AJ to shove him the play before. Finne took exception I suppose and you saw the rest. I have to admit CF was the instigator (as he most often is) but he got his *ss handed to him. I think Finne has to stick to his weight class, AJ lit him up... would've been a first round TKO for sure! I expect at least a game for both, but Johnson should get a couple more tacked on... one game for each punch landed sounds fair.

7. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Remember CF was a seventh round pick who showed early promise. Yet over the last 2 years has been average at best. (Average is not good enough to be a Titan) His fiestiness was an attribute we all like but fiestiness gave way to thugness. So is he an asset or a liability? The forecoming suspension will help stir the McCourtey vs Verner debate as both might be starting at CB for a while.

8. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

I don't like dirty players and he often crosses the line from scrappy to dirty. The fact that the fight was premeditated and he looked at the Texan sideline and said "Watch this" before the fight makes it even worse. Along with clapping and winking at the camera after the fight.

His entire goal was to wind AJ up and get him kicked out. I would rather he play scrappy and just focus on trying to shut AJ down instead.

I'm starting to believe the Titans as a whole are a dirty team mantra, and alot of that comes from Cortland.

Edit:

Comments like this make me wonder:

<i>Finnegan, who will meet Ward on the field on Sunday when the Steelers visit Tennessee, says he aspires to be a dirtier player than Ward.

“He was voted the league’s dirtiest player, so you’ve got to give it up for him,” Finnegan said, per Terry McCormick of Titan Insider. “I’m number [six] right now, but I’m aspiring to one day hopefully be No. 1. So, I appreciate it.” </i>

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...negan-aspires-to-be-the-nfls-dirtiest-player/

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...on-s-beat-down-of-Cortland-Fin?urn=nfl-289760

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...o-watch-this-before-fight?module=HP_headlines

9. globelieves

globelieves Starter

Finn is the best cb we have, and I don't have a problem with his playing aggressive, but he has to be smart. Seeking out a nasty reputation under the current comish, does nothing to help our team. Laughing when he's escourted off the field does nothing to help our team. Putting himself in a position for future game suspensions does nothing to help our team. He's the best we have, but if he's not playing on Sunday, he is worth NOTHING. Would it be nice to have a couple shutdown cb on the team, yeah...every team would say the same thing.

10. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

Yeah, my son was was reading through the NFL.com comments on the fight. One person said, "He's not even one of the great corners in the league. He's not Champ Bailey or Derrelle Revis"

My son was all, "well.....duh!! If that's the worst they can say about him, he's alright"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar