What do you guys think of this about Larry Fitzgerald?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Apr 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Wasn't sure which thread to put this in, but are some NFL players really that bad off. I was reading on this article (not really much) but the fact that Larry Fitzgerald is doing a good deed for his teammates really makes me like him even more.

This article really makes me wonder what certain players were doing when they knew a lockout was coming. I think I know the answer to all this. Getting that first contract and blowing it away like they are set for life or something.

There is this one guy in the NFL (not going to say his name) but his Parents don't live too far from me, very cool Dad I must add. But he was a rookie FA that barely made the squad last year, and he already is in a brand new Lamborghini, not knowing if he will make the team this year. I'm all for becoming successful in life and getting every and anything you have worked hard for, but there are just certain things you could hold yourself from getting until you know for a fact that you have reached that peak. If this guy doesn't make the squad next year, he is absolutely screwed, unless he plans on living in his car.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ates-gonzalez-giving-back?module=HP_headlines

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He can sell a lambo though, and he probably wont ever get another chance in his life to have such a car.

So I can see the idea behind it.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yeah, he can sell it

for less than he owes on it, most likely.

People living above their means is a big part of this country's problems.

Wise people live in houses and drive cars that they can sustain even if their current job goes under. Nothing is permanent.

• High Five High Five x 10
  4. turnNburn

turnNburn All American NCAAF Gamer!

I know exactly what you mean. There's a guy living in my apartment complex with a 2010 Maroon Camaro. I'm like if you own that kind of a car and still have to live in an apartment, we all know that you pick "flashy and show-off" over "shelter and security"

Which is exactly what is being done in this case

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm not sure that is the best example. A Camaro isn't necessarily THAT expensive and not everyone in an apartment is broke.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I am!

7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I can relate to this. In my early twenties I worked at a manufacturing plant and made good money for late 1990's and early 2000, anyways, I used to live with my parents for some time after I started there just so I could afford my
    Z28, truck, waverunner, and 4 wheeler. When I started college I lost all of it and it has made me a better person as far as living within my means, I understand now that money doesn't grow on trees and there is noone there to bail me out.

8. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

I'm with Gonzo on this one, if you don't prepare for the storm you deserve to at least get a little wet. This is why I tend to side with the owners in the current labor situation. The players feel as if they are entitled to an inalienable God mandated right to live like French monarchs at all times, even when they aren't working. Isn't having to borrow money from a co worker more embarrassing than having to wait a year to buy your fifth luxury car?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar