1. Pardon our mess as we continue to update the new forum software. Big thanks to Mike and Preditan for all their help in the transition. If you run into any problems, put them in the Update Thread.

What do you do?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by corymiller, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Sorry to hear about you guys in the job hunt. Spent 6 months there applying for jobs daily. I was at the point where I would have taken a McDonalds job if it was offered.

Finally got lucky with the perfect opening.
  2. Alzarius

Alzarius Starter

Yea no joke.

My last 3 jobs.

Dollar General Corporate offices - created a way of tracking incoming licenses so that we could get products on a a shelf. Sometimes it took 6 months to get this sent to us, I could get them within a week with my process.

Advertising company - invented process and regulations that were incorporated in over 120 offices in the US and Mexico

Project management company - Helped refine a web based system that made the company millions. Also worked with FEMA to get our corporation a 75 million dollar a year contract, up from 25 million. (ffs.. i should have moved to LA when they offered me the job to continue working there)

And now I hear "sorry, you are not qualified to be an administrative assisstant BECAUSE ANSWERING CALLS AND TAKING NOTES IS HARD!!"

The last job I got, I had to dumb down just to have a job.
  3. Alzarius

Alzarius Starter

Im about to have to resort to wiping old peoples asses in hospitals.
  4. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

I work at a place called redline performance. I love tinkering with/driving performance cars.
  5. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

I run a construction crew rehabbing manholes. In the crap business for another year or so then back to school.
  6. Big TT

Big TT Pro Bowler

I have been a HS media/film teacher the last 12 years. Before that I was in advertising and television production. Also owned a small cleaning company for a period of a few years and before that I was in the Navy for 5 years active duty. Spent a little over 3 years in GTMO, before it became a terrorist country club. Ha, ha.
  7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Make websites for a living.
  8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm not worried about what I do job-wise while I'm still in school. I'm more focused on where I'm going to transfer in the fall.

I have been offered a job as an insurance salesman (life, property, casualty). I'm just in the process of hooking up connections to see if it'd be worth it.

I know nothing about insurance because I'm just a young guy.

Anyone here need insurance? :)
  9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

I own a small printing and graphic design company. In the process of venturing into web design.
  10. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

My dad has been in Aviation for 22 years. He works for American Airlines, based in DFW.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.