What do you do for a living

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Meatpacker.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Meatpacker, eh?

you know, I'm still looking for a job that's good enough to get me to jump off the gravy boat I'm sailing. It's hard to find something that pays better than looking for something that pays better these days if you know what I mean. A little back round in case any of you missed it but the company that I spent eleven years with cut me from the payroll in the name of doing what they had to do. Basically I was surrounded with younger, cheaper labor that I helped to train and in turn they cut my high dollar arse in order to help weather the economic downturn we are experiencing. That's business though. $#!t happens. That explains my comment earlier in this thread.

You know, McKee Foods is a manufacturer in the Chattanooga area. They are located in Collegedale, Tennessee. I've heard that they are an excellent employer but it's rumored that in order to get a job there you have to be a member of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church. Of course for that to be policy they would have to be non-profit, (I think), which they obviously are not, so that's moot, but still, it seems a little cult like. I feel sorry for Seventh-day Adventists because they are often confused with other, more bizarre Christian factions and I can identify with that being a Roman Catholic living in the deep south.

Still though, the perception of McKee Foods persists whether it is earned, unfair or unjustified. I kind of like their "snack crackers". OwwwWEEEEE!!!!! I particularly enjoy watching my wife eat them in her "special outfit". :wink2: Really though, being honest with myself... I don't know that I really want to spend the rest of my useful working life at Little Debbie packing fudge. I don't think "fudge packer" really looks too good on the 'ole resume.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I was worried about that as well. Nobody who works for a living should be ashamed of what they do. I guess if someone isn't quite where they want to be they can tell us tell us what they are hoping to do in the future.

Now i need to hit up jeff for a good deal on some chops.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Guys i lied. My real profession is male prostitute.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I am a doctor, I own two restaurants and I own the company that publishes cookbooks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

:ha:

Good one.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

lol - and I know you were just waiting for someone to post this

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar