What did the Patriots Gain

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rock8titans, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

By Beating us today? Besides staying sharp for the playoffs? Is it just me or did Belicheck act as if he was playing against Mangini and the Jets. I don't get it. I don't recall any animosity between the Titans and Patriots in years past. Being from NJ, I can't stand all the hype about the Jets and Mangini, and didn't think much about the talk around here how Belicheck was an *** towards his old coach Mangini this year. But, now I am seeing the light of what a jerk Belicheck can be. I will route hard against the Pats in the playoffs, that's for sure. :grrr:

2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

It's football. You play to win the game. We were beat by a better team today. I think that was obvious. It hurts because we would've been in with a win, but apparently this wasn't our year.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

i remember the Titans and Pats going at it several years ago in the playoffs (Titans should have won, but Drew "drop em like it's hot" Bennett dropped a crucial 4th down catch).. anyways.. i remember it being a pretty heated exchange.. but that was back in 03 i believe.. probably just a statement game for him.. that he can beat the team that hasn't been beaten in 6 weeks

4. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Amen. The only questionable move the Pats made today was going for that last touchdown, but I think they just wanted to let Vinnie go out on a high note.

5. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

I hate to say it, but I am sort of glad Harrison got hurt. Yes, I know that makes me a dick. That guy is maybe the dirtiest DB in the league and the Patriots were total *****s today.

Sorry.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Drew also made a miraculous catch to even get us down the field that far. Funny how people have such short memories. And it wasn't hot, it was 3 degrees above zero. That might explain after 3 hours on the field why his hands weren't perfect.

7. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Vinnie is like 800 years old. A friend of my girlfriends said when he was with the Jets, she went to a wedding he was also at, and she said he was eating like a big slob shoveling food into his mouth. Ha.. guess he is lacking in the class dept.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Drew also made a hell of a catch in the Pittsburgh playoff game. He's made some fine *** catches in his career. On the NE catch, frankly, it was a bad pass (under pressure) and Drew was lucky to get his hands on it.

9. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Ditto..I posted a comment like that myself 2 min ago. Harrison right before that was punching at the ball on a play. He got what he deserves.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Don;t forget, he let flutie drop kick one year. This is just Belichek's way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar