What changed the Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

It may be a coincidence, but we've looked better from the very day that Vince got the starting job. I'm not saying that he's playing so well and that's why we're looking better, cause he obviously has a ways to go, but I think the guys believe in him and are responding by playing better. Not nessesarily on purpose but sometimes you play harder when you think you have a legitimit shot at winning. As opposed to blowing off mistakes because you don't think you can win anyway. Just a theory...

Another big reason is that we are actually running the ball effectively. Anytime you can do that you have a chance of winning no matter who's playing D, or who's coaching what, or anything else...

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think the Oline change made a bigger difference than expected. Stewart and Bell should stay where they are, Piller and Olsen can fight for the remaining guard spot. Mostly, keep it the same, let Henry smash through...

I hope the team can roll with this, and use the next few weeks to gain some confidence for the tough stretch in a few weeks.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

agreed. If Fisher gives Piller back the LG spot it would be a terrible setback to the OL both in the run and pass game.

4. zackmann

zackmann Guest

the more i think about it...the more it seems obvious to me that Vince starting really changed the attitude of whole team...

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

to the comments on Henry...

he is a one cut and go back.

Brown... he dances.

Henry runs like a bull.

Brown, when he runs, it's just bull.

6. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I think the O-line has stepped up. I like Bell at guard and Stewart at tackle, but the whole team is playing better.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Big time

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Mawae said something interesting. Which was basically "keep doing what's working and don't change things". So o-line should stay the same (although I wouldn't mind seeing Amano get some time), and let Henry get a lot of carries.

We miss Al's play.

Maybe the player's meeting set some minds right. Maybe Vince getting his turn has helped (really seems to have added a bonce in the guys steps).

I expect this team to play some more close losses, and hopefully get another 4-5 wins.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Didn't Peterson retire?

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

:suspect:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar