What Are Your Expectations For 2012 And Munchak's Second Year For Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

What Are Your Expectations For 2012 And Munchak's Second Year For Tennessee?

Well to be honest i think Matt Hasselbeck is a good QB.He is the best quarterback we have had here since Mcnair left.However i think its time now for this team to insert Jake Locker as the starting QB and let Matt be the solid number two and backup.One thing i am very nervous about that most people have most likely not focused on is Chris Johnson.Will we get the unstoppable CJ from his first few seasons or the mediocre CJ from last year? I think if CJ plays well,Locker has a good season and the defense is in the top half of the standings and also plays well then this team will most likely make the playoffs.Both Munchak and Locker are starting a new era here and there is a good chance we will be very successful.We have drafted pretty well and have the makings of a very good team if most of these picks pan out and play well.We are building through the draft and for the most part thats how a lot of successful teams do it.I think Jake Locker has what it takes to lead us through the next decade and help us become a very successful team.We are building the foundation now of how this team will be for the long haul.They just drafted a first rounder at WR Kendall Wright as the first of many weapons on offense for Locker to throw to.We also drafted some strong players to anchor the defense.

As far as the schedule i'm not worried.Remember last year early in the season we had some tough games including Baltimore that many people didn't think we would win but we did.That will be the case this season too.Patriots,Chargers,Lions and Texans i think we would be pretty happy to go 2-2 during that stretch and i think thats how it will play out.Never can tell how things will turn out but i am very pumped about that Thursday Night game against Pittsburgh at home.I think we have a pretty good chance there.A victory in prime time on Thursday Night against the Steelers would go a long way toward proving the doubters wrong.If we are fighting for a playoff spot toward the end of the season it will be very tough as our last two out of three games are against the N.Y. Jets and Green Bay.

As far as Mike Munchak goes i think he had an alright first year at 9-7.I noticed in his first season that he did go for it a lot on fourth down which was very refreshing because we were taking chances instead of playing conervative and boring which was the way Fisher coached.Most of the time Fisher depended on the defense to hold the fort while we kicked a few field goals and maybe a TD would be enough for a 13-10 game but that got very old.In fact it was very nice to see us throwing the ball quite a bit last year and it does seem like we are not going to rely so much on the running game like Fisher did in the past.I'm also glad we have a solid GM and had a pretty good draft the last couple years.We did right picking Locker instead of Gabbert so yes i was holding my breath at that moment.I'm very glad we did not pick Gabbert and grabbed Locker who is excellent.If Fisher would've been here we might've drafted defense instead of Jake Locker.I have no doubt if Fisher would've stayed this team would be in the bottom of the standings.The game was passing him by and he was not making good decisions which is why i'm glad he stepped down and we got some fresh blood in here and a new approach to doing things.

I think with some solid drafts and smart moves in free agency we have the chance to build a solid group of players and a really good team.We already know a lot of that hinges on how well Jake Locker plays at QB and him having adequate weapons on offense which looks like he will.I think this team can be as good as Green Bay,New Orleans or New England.We will soon have the proper pieces in place to start making a run with our second year coach Mike Munchak and our second year quarterback Jake Locker.Both are the foundation and the long term future of this team.

Tennessee Titans 2012 Schedule
    Wk Date Matchup TV Time
    1 Sun, Sept. 9 vs. New England Patriots CBS 1 p.m.
    2 Sun, Sept. 16 at San Diego Chargers CBS 4:15 p.m.
    3 Sun, Sept. 23 vs. Detroit Lions FOX 1 p.m.
    4 Sun, Sept. 30 at Houston Texans CBS 1 p.m.
    5 Sun, Oct. 7 at Minnesota Vikings CBS 1 p.m.
    6 Thu, Oct. 11 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers NFLN 8:20 p.m.
    7 Sun, Oct. 21 at Buffalo Bills CBS 1 p.m.
    8 Sun, Oct. 28 vs. Indianapolis Colts CBS 1 p.m.
    9 Sun, Nov. 4 vs. Chicago Bears FOX 1 p.m.
    10 Sun, Nov. 11 at Miami Dolphins CBS 1 p.m.
    11 Bye
    12 Sun, Nov. 25 at Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 1 p.m.
    13 Sun, Dec. 2 vs. Houston Texans CBS 1 p.m.
    14 Sun, Dec. 9 at Indianapolis Colts CBS 1 p.m.
    15 Mon, Dec. 17 vs. New York Jets ESPN 8:30 p.m.
    16 Sun, Dec. 23 at Green Bay Packers CBS 1 p.m.
    17 Sun, Dec. 30 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 1 p.m.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

If the titans beat writers are right, hass will start day one and we go 5-11 and learn nothing about locker.

Waste

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

Double-digit wins and a Playoff game, or two.

Our only real competition is Houston.

4. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I hope not.Locker had a solid year to sit and learn.Matt is the backup and Jake is the starter.Surely they won't make Jake sit another year.

It's Lockers time

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I expect with the players we have right now, we can go 10-6, maybe 11-5.

A lot of our match ups will take a lot out of us, keeping us from doing better than 11-5. But I think we improve from last years 9-7. There were 2-3 games last year we could have won, but didn't. The talent is there, we just have to finish games better.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Tennessee Titans 2012 Schedule
    Wk Date Matchup TV Time
    1 Sun, Sept. 9 vs. New England Patriots - we must come swinging if we want this W
    2 Sun, Sept. 16 at San Diego Chargers winnable game even with hass starting
    3 Sun, Sept. 23 vs. Detroit Lions can we beat titans north? Stop Johnson?
    4 Sun, Sept. 30 at Houston Texans biggest rival now, solid defense will test out offense
    5 Sun, Oct. 7 at Minnesota Vikings WIN
    6 Thu, Oct. 11 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Wallace and browns speed, can we cover them and bring big Ben down?
    7 Sun, Oct. 21 at Buffalo Bills solid running game, we can't allow the run like last year if we want towin
    8 Sun, Oct. 28 vs. Indianapolis Colts this will be a very interesting game, first game againt luck...
    9 Sun, Nov. 4 vs. Chicago Bears more top receivers to cover
    10 Sun, Nov. 11 at Miami Dolphins WIN
    11 Bye
    12 Sun, Nov. 25 at Jacksonville Jaguars Plain Garbage err I mean blain Gabbert.... We should win this game
    13 Sun, Dec. 2 vs. Houston Texans same as the first
    14 Sun, Dec. 9 at Indianapolis Colts round 2 could be very interesting depending on how the first game goes
    15 Mon, Dec. 17 vs. New York Jets Rex ryan with tebow and Sanchez? Wonder if they'll implode by this game
    16 Sun, Dec. 23 at Green Bay Packers solid defense, crazy offense... We better be able to cover and score.
    17 Sun, Dec. 30 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars we better sweep this joke team.

7. JCBRAVE

We have 4 months to prepare for New England, and at home I like our chances.

The Chargers are always slow to start, and we'll be facing them without Jeff Fisher, so we could win that one.

Calvin Johnson will be lucky if he's still playing week-3. Madden curse is a real thing.

Houston is a toss up, IDK how that game will go, too early to say. We've got to see where we are as a team.

Beating Pittsburgh is all about us. They will come to play, will we?

Going to Green Bay late could be easier if they're already in the playoffs and want to rest guys. Better not snow thou.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

So much unjustified hate for Hasselbeck on this board.

Just like everyone else I'd prefer Locker start just to get things moving, but I think what you gain in Locker's athleticism and arm strength you lose the experience and smarts of Hasselbeck. I think it's a wash this season. Locker can make plays with his legs that Hasselbeck can't make, but he's also going to make mistakes that Hasselbeck probably wouldn't.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. JCBRAVE

^This is true

last season Locker made 2 HUGE mistakes, but most rookies would make these same mistakes. First was in the Atlanta game at the last second where he took a sack instead of throwing the ball and praying, and the other was getting clobbered by the Saints to the point he thought they broke his ribs. He should have moved the protection to the right to pick up the blitz, but he missed it and maybe cost us the game. We still had work to do after that pay, but taking a sack and coming out wasn't gonna help.

Locker isn't the savvy vet Hasselbeck is, but he does have other things to offer. Should be fun watching them this summer.

10. lee7786

lee7786 Practice Squad

They also said that this team should and will go with Kerry Collins in 2011. They said the same things along the lines of they really "like Kerry Collins, he's a veteran, he knows what to do out there."

Locker will start and they'll act like they knew it all along. They sure as heck weren't this confident that Hasselbeck would even start the next game during times in the second half of last year. There were "QB controversy" questions that arose during some of those press conferences and Munchack looked like he wanted to run out of the room. Munch has said that this year there will be no QB controversy. Starting Hasselbeck would be asking for a QB controversy. Thankfully, I belive that the coaching staff already knows this, and maybe, according to Munchack, they'll want to avoid it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar