What are your defence concerns?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Jun 20, 2010.

?
  1. Cecils coaching

46.2%
  2. The Front 4

43.6%
  3. The Linebackers

48.7%
  4. The Secondary

43.6%
  5. None we're going to be good

2.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

I agree with this I think it's going to be a long season.:gag:

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I said Front 4, Linebackers, and Secondary, I mean if everything works out our defense could be alright, but if things go even somewhat astray, we're going to be god awful.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i hope Curran gets his shot, dude goes after the ball on every play. he doesnt sit in the backfield like Bulluck waiting for something to happen.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

You hate on Keith more then anyone I've ever heard of, Titan fan or not. Keith was a monster for us you clown, show that man some love.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah. Let's pretend a rookie LB has a better shot of getting to the ball than the MLB that's lead all lbs in tackles many seasons.

Someone's been drinking this Sunday.

6. kak23

kak23 Camp Fodder

defence? you've got to be kidding me. :hmm:

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Chuck Cecil

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

'05 season. Pretty good front four. Lots of QB pressure. Pedestrian overall defense and no run game. 4-12.

The thing is, when Gregg Williams ran this defense, the focus wasn't just on the front four. He found lots of ways to get pressure. Cecil WANTS to do that. There were lots of balls to the wall blitzes during camp and some during preseason. As soon as the season starts, it's all Fisherball... on both sides of the ball.

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Also, I am most concerned with our linebackers. I think we could end up with a very good front four and the secondary is already better without Harper. Losing Bulluck is major though. I am excited about Curran. But we've still lost Bulluck. Even if we re-sign him, he may not be the same. I don't think some will recognize the impact he has on this defense until they see it without him. Really hoping our young linebackers pan out, and fast. Not sure how much stock we should put in Witherspoon.

10. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

Linebacker can Witherspoon handle the pressure laid on him, replacing Bulluck will not be an easy task for anyone but it's gonna be tougher on Witherspoon since people are comparing him to a younger version of Bulluck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar