What are the biggest problems facing the Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't think the QB situation ranks in the top five of the problems facing the Titans right now though it's overshadowed almost everything else.

In your mind, what are the top five problems?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

1. Gaurds
    2. Corner
    3. Lamont
    4. D-Line
    5. Coaching

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

4. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

1. Coaching
    2. Defensive Line/Linebackers (Run stoppage and pass rush as a whole)
    3. Safet...Lamont Thompson
    4. Offensive Line
    5. Cornerbacks

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

1. GM
    2. Defensive coordinator
    3. Offensive coordinator
    4. Team morale/ locker room/ confidence
    5. Offensive line

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Well if the fact that our starting QB had a 1.3 passer rating Sunday isn't the #1 problem, then I have no clue what is.

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

1. OL
    2. OL
    3. S
    4. DC
    5. Lack of quality depth and competition at almost every spot on the roster.

8. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

1. Guard
    2. DE (playmaker)
    3. Corner
    4. DC
    5. OC

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

1. Inability to run the football. For me, not having an 100-yard rusher since December 5, 2004 is the worse problem facing this team. So much stems from the ability to run the football. You can blame scheme, the OL and a handful of other reasons but until this gets fixed, the Titans will not be a good team.

2. Inability to Pressure the QB. I think this should be priority #1 on defense. I don't care about sacks but we've seen opposing QB put up 100+ passer ratings far too often since '04. Blame scheme, lack of coverage and a number of other problems that contribute to this but our front four must get more pressure.

3. Low Intensity Level on Defense. The Titans rarely play with the intensity I see so many other have. Watching the Jags and Steelers play Monday night was fun just because both sides swarmed to the ball and gang tackled. They hit hard from start to finish in that game. The Titans haven't had any swagger in a long time.

4. The Inability to Make Plays. Remember when the Titans would make a handful of highlight reel-type of plays every game? McNair would break a tackle and scramble for a first down on third-and-long. Bennett or someone would go up and pull down a poorly thrown ball. Someone would crush someone and cause a fumble or interception. The Titans used to MAKE their own opportunities by making momentum-changing plays.

5. Inability to Adjust. Whether or not the schemes the Titans go into games with can be successful or not, its rare the team has been able to stay with the gameplan. I continuously see an inability to adjust until teams have racked up big leads OR when teams adjust to their plan, the Titans appear slow to counter.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

they need to not be so predictable.

Titans are transparent, every team knows what they are going to do in every situation with less than a week to gameplan against them.

Fisher was asked in his press conference about the comment made by one of the SD players about how they knew exactly what the Titans were going to do, and he just shrugged it off and said the player couldn't have known because even he (Fisher) didn't know what they were going to do.
    Fisher's is either in denile, or he needs to be fired for not knowing what he was going to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar