What about the TE's?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 26, 2014.

?
  1. 1st

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. 2nd

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. 3rd (if we can find one)

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. 4th

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. 5th

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. 6th

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. 7th

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I don't want to see what Whiz can do with Stevens cause I want him off the team asap it's long overdue.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Carp

Carp Starter

I don't want TE early but do agree we need to address the position in the draft. I'd probably say round 4 or 5. I really want us to go Defense early. Barr or Mack with the first pick or trade back and pick up a 3rd and take Clinton Dix later in the 1st.

Dream scenario would be:

1st. Trade back to gain a 3rd rounder. Then take Haha Clinton Dix
    2nd. Tiny Richardson (depth and potentially a replacement for Rios).
    3rd. Tre Mason
    4th. BPA defense
    5th. Crockett Gilmore
    6th. BPA defense
    7. BPA defense.

3. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Is Ebron really a gamechanger who could be worthy of a top 15 pick? I've never seen him play but have seen him mocked even higher than our pick.

4. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I really like him as a pick. If I said to you guys, "Hey, if you give me a mid round first pick I'll give you a young Vernon Davis or Jimmy Graham." Wouldn't you jump at that? Mainly for a couple reasons here:

1. TEs can be a hug part of your offense
    2. TEs seem to be a big part of Whiz's offense that he likes to run
    3. A solid catching TE can make for incredible mis matches
    4. They get paid like TEs and not superstar WRs (Bonus for our cap in the long run)
    5. A star TE would fully complete our WR core allowing interesting packages with Hunter and Wright on the outside.

It may seem odd at first spending a 1st on a TE but in this day and age a TE like Gates/Vernon/Graham can be as valuable or more valuable then a 1st round WR especially considering what will be left mid 1st round.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He likely wouldn't do much with Stevens. In Arizona Whiz never had a pass catching TE, and the best those guys ever did in a season was 100-something yards. Stevens will never be a guy with big receiving numbers, but he does serve a purpose on special teams and as a 2nd TE.

6. Titanic12th

Titanic12th Starter

Maybe move Thompson back to DE. That was his college position anyways

7. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I don't know pass catchin t.es will soon be paid reciever money

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar