What about signing Rolle?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

No, not Samari... Antrel. Antrel Rolle was taken just 2 picks behind Pac-Man in the 2005 Draft. Was drafted and played corner at the start of his career, the last year and half he played safety.

Antrel Rolle was released by the Cardinals (money problems). I think we should take a look at him to play #2 corner. The Jets got Cro for a 3rd! Why didn't we? I think we should really consider getting Rolle, then we can focus on DE in the 1st.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That wouldn't be a bad idea, if he could play CB. He wasn't very good playing CB but was an ok S.

He'll probably be able to get more money if he goes to Miami. That and he's a U douch3.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He's too slow to play CB. He'd need to play safety.

He'd be worth a look and someone that could compete for a spot or add depth to an injury-consistent secondary.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Couldn't be any slower than Harper...

BUT! prolly wants $$$

5. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

how bout moving griff to cb and using rolle as a safety, i remember griff played cb for us his rookie year. i wouldnt mind that one bit

6. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

i dont think that move would help us at all. Rolle sucked as a corner and Griff didnt fair much better. Griff and Hope are good at the S position , we just have to find some corners.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

He will go somewhere else and be a starting safety. Some teams are really weak at safety.

The Titans aren't one of those teams. Rolle wouldn't really be an upgrade over Griffin or Hope.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd like to peep his skills from a closer look. I really would like it if the Titans called his people for a interview or something. Playing CB in TN isn't the same as other places. He could work out great for us.

9. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

He's actually very fast and certainly fast enough to keep up with wideouts. His problem is he doesn't have the fluid hips needed to play corner. So yes he is a safety but not because of lack of speed.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Been there. Tried that. Didn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar