What About Patrick Kerney??????

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TITANFANATIC911, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One guy i wouldn't mind going after is this guy in FA.You wanna talk about a clone of Vanden Bosch.This guy is a duplicate of KV,high powered motor,gets to the quarterback,and great against the run.His numbers are pretty consistant and he stays healthy,except for this year.His torn pec muscle should be 100% healed once training camp comes around,so why not?We'll have 2 white domintaing DE in the league,thats a first.:grrhee:

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Wouldn't mind it one bit but we need to get pressure one the QB and I'm not sure he can provide that like a Freeney or someone in the draft.

(Actually I know he can't provide it like a Freeney could.)

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Who cares about their race.

The only color i'm concerned about is the red blood coming out of the QBs' noses after we sack em..

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

How bout the green and brown on the backs of their jerseys? :grrhee:

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Or the red that Fat Al brings to their heads when he stom....oh wait, he's gone to therapy for that.

6. Nine

Nine Starter

I'd heard something about Kerney a number of injury problems.....but looking at his career numbers, he'd never missed a game until this year. It also looks like he's a very consistent pass rush threat, with at least 6½ sacks per year every year since 2001. (He was on track for 9 sacks this year before his injury).

I believe the overriding sentiment is that he'll be available; unfortunately, guys like Freeney, Justin Smith, and Adelius Thomas will almost certainly be tagged, which means there will probably be a bidding war for Kerney.

7. What!!!

Are you kidding me?Just because you don't have double digit sacks in a year or a ton of sacks for that matter doesn't mean you can't put pressure on the qb.Vanden Bosch's sack numbers definetly went down this year but he was always around the qb putting pressure on him.
    Let me say this, Freeney is one hell of a DE but he does have some flaws.Yes he's a great pass rusher but he is undersized and not very strong against the run.Kerney can put pressure on the QB and is solid against the run.If you look at Kerney's tackles it shows you he's consistant right around 50 every year which is solid for a DE.Take a look at Freeney,the guy hasn't made over 35 tackles in year.Hmmmm...Can you say strictly pass rusher??? I'd take a DE who Consistanly gets 6-7 sacks a year,plays the run strong and puts pressure on the qb constanly then somone who just tries to sack the qb on every play any day of the week

8. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I heard today on ESPN that Atlanta was likely gonna tag him. Besides there is so much DE depth in the draft this year it makes sense to get one that way instead.

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Justin Smith has been officially tagged by the Bengals.

10. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

tag me ! tag me! They might as well take a rope and.....who sang that ole phsychadelic country song? *dang me dang me*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar