What about Marrone as HC and Mularkey as OC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

What Mularkey does best, IMO, is to coach TEs. I'd be OK with him doing that again.

2. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

No thanks.

3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Former New York Jets and Tennessee Titans center Kevin Mawae thinks the Titans should hire the coaching candidate they are interviewing Thursday: Doug Marrone.

The widespread presumption is that interim coach Mike Mularkey, who will interview Friday, is a shoo-in for the full-time job.

“He’s going to go in there and knock their socks off,” Mawae said as a guest on my radio show, Midday 180 in Nashville. “He’s going to be prepared, he’s just that kind of guy. He’s going to have A to Z what he has to accomplish.

"This is a guy who, when he became coach at Syracuse, he had the scouting done for all the high school kids in the state of New York and presented that to the people during his interview process. That’s just the way he is. He wants to know what he’s walking into. For him to be that prepared for a college job, I can promise you he’s 100 percent prepared for an interview with the Titans.

“If Mularkey is the front-runner, than I am pretty sure that Doug will do enough to at least make them reconsider and say, ‘Doug’s a legitimate candidate and a good fit for this team.’”

Mawae played for five years with Marrone as his position coach with the Jets, and did a training camp internship working for him when Marrone was coaching the Bills.

He said it’s possible he would consider returning to Nashville from Louisiana to work as Marrone’s line coach if Marrone gets the job in Tennessee.

“He knows coaching inside and out,” Mawae said. “He knows what he is talking about when he comes out and presents it. He’s not trying to convince guys, ‘Hey, I know what I am doing.’ He carries himself with authority, that, ‘Hey, this is the way that it is. This is what I think is going to work and this is how we’re going to roll with it.’”

Former Titans center Kevin Mawae endorses Doug Marrone as head coach - Tennessee Titans Blog- ESPN

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Ok enlighten me why Marrone quite The Bills?
    I just remember the fallout but not the reason..

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

From what I can gather is that he assumed he would be the next Jets coach?
    There is an air of douchiness to that.
    So a guy that quit his team, a guy that ruined his team and Mr. Status Quo make up the three Titans HC candidates...

6. Rudad

Rudad Starter

He had an option to opt out of contract if there was a change in the ownership .that happened and he left.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I know how he was able to do it - but what was his purpose?

8. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

The main reason he left the bills is because he asked for a contract extension from the new ownership. It was denied. Then he asked for extensions for his staff. Denied. He thought he had a good chance at some other jobs so he walked. He gambled and lost. I think he is a good coach. Of available candidates he is my 2nd choice after McDaniels.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Has any interim HC ever stepped down and kept coaching for the same team after? Seems like it would be too awkward.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Heck I wonder how many interim HCs (post fired prior HCs) had the sand to win over the fan base ever? It doesn't seem like a very prosperous endeavor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar