what about Kevin Curtis wr

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by talldrinko, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talldrinko

talldrinko Guest

he has looked great in games ive seen has great speed & price might be cheap since nobody has signed him yet ,also s mcdonald from rams is out tyhere or boringer with cheifs & lwt them battle with calico for our 6th wr .we could keep 7with the way they seem to get injured so much.

2. he's a RFA

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

4. maximus

maximus Starter

If he wasnt a RFA, I would think about it

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No thanks?

curtis as some remember was one of the fastest WR in the 2003 combine and his 43 wonderlic was the highest ever for a WR. Because of those things he was drafted a rd higher than he normally would be.

Curtis has not played a real lot. He hardly had any kind of rookie year and then did ok in 2004 which was almost like his rookie season. This year as the rams #3 he was able to play a lot and start 7 games in place of bruce and holt when they were injured. His 60 catches and 800 yards suggest he would be a solid productive player which is why the rams won't let him go easy. It will take a lot, too much to sign him and besides our young WR should emerge as comparable players. A couple of them anyway. It's not hard to imagine roby who is physically similar with that kind of speed being a comparable player this year. Young perhaps as well and we will have to see how jones does coming off that knee.

So no thanks. We can do better with that money.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i dont think we need 6 veteren WRs.

7. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

if they took him they would use him where they wanted to use calico but since they still have calico and theres a minute possibility he comes around hes not worth the price you'd have to pay

8. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

59 738 12.5 40 2
    60 801 13.4 83 6

Kevin Curtis was better than David Givens last year, got more TDs, had longer receptions - those numbers look more like a number one to me. I think Kevin Curtis is a better option than Givens personally.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Curtis vs givens...

Curtis has only produced one year where givens has been solid for 2. I don't see much difference either way but i doubt if curtis could be had at a better price.

Either one is a #1 WR ideally. Both have really been #3 right? I certainly don't see curtis with one 800 yard season as a #1 but like mason in 2000 that might have been his breakout year.

As gunny said we don't need 6 vet WR and actually it would be 7 with calico. Since calico makes little money($705 against the cap) and has very little trade value he needs to stay around.

I said this before i'll say it again. This could be a huge year for steve mcnair. He will now have a plethora of quality WR, TE and a good back to throw to and frankly roby might be as productive for us as curtis would be. If calico can improve off that injury and young continues to get better look out.

Will this be 2003 all over again for mcnair? Don't be surprised.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

note the date and time.

Givens, Bennett, Calico, Roby, Williams, Wade and Jones who will be PUP'd for most of the season.
    Wade will probably be gone, that leaves 5 WRs. The #6 can be a late draft pick or UDFA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar