What about Fred Smoot?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dontdraftcutler, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

If hes the last guy in FA then yeah but untill Samuel and Clements either get resigned or sign with someone they are the main people to go after

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

my thoughts exactly, the argument is usually money, but Pac's still on his rookie contract for 3 more years (I think he signed a five year contract, I could be wrong) that gives us a cheap upper tier corner for three more years :yes:

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

We will have a sick secondary next year if we actually make some of these moves.!!!!

4. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

No!

5. TD10

TD10 Camp Fodder

Smoot, Samuels, Bly, Clements, any of those guys would work. No offense to Hill but he is just not a starting CB in this league. If he could play just a few plays a game and special teams it would be a better fit for him. I think Finnegan has earned the job at Nickle.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I love that name... Smoot...

I'd change my name to that if I was in the witness protection program.

7. Except now we know that... :chuck:

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

well you just effed up that chance now ay? :grrhee:

9. NoDak Titan

NoDak Titan Camp Fodder

I live close to Minn. and all my buddies are Vikes fans and from what I've seen and heard about Smoot this past season is that the guy is absolutely terrible, can't cover and can't tackle. STAY AWAY!!!

10. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Yeah, fred smoot cant tackle if his life depended on it. He is probably one of the most overrated CBs in the league. People only know him because he was a household name because he was actually OK at a time.

He is the Michael Lewis of CBs.

If we bring in Smoot, it wont be a huge improvement over Hill, who just needs to work on finding the ball to be an OK corner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar