What about Chris Brown?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Has Chris recieved any offers from any other teams? Where has he visited?
    Is the FOs strategy here, when noone makes an offer, we take him cheap?

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i liked chris brown when he was a rookie and for a little of his "breakout" season if you can call it that, but hes a baby and he needs to stop running straight up or hes gonnna continue to have injury problems throughout his career, as far as resigning him, i wouldnt like it but if were left with only LenDale we gotta do what is neccisary.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm not sure any of Brown's injuries in the NFL had anything to do with him running upright. The worst injury he had was the turf toe which kept him from being on of the league leaders in rushing in 2004 (he had almost 1100 yards in only 11 games and a 4.9 YPC). The OL totally stunk in 2005 and no RB could have done much that year.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

apologist.

c'mon man. Brown just sucks. His problem is all in the way he runs. His feet move master than his body... all that slash sytle exposing him to potential injury. He can block... he can catch... if he does his best he can contribute to the Titans in a very big way but I have seen him do little more than whine for a way out... that's why he had his butt glued to the pine all last year. He's far more likely to find success elsewhere... I'd rather have Travis Henry back... but with Henry being gone it makes me want to welcome Brown back and cheer him on. I just want every Titan to be successful... even if I am critical of them from time to time.

5. smili

smili Starter

It's sounds like the Bills and Lions have/had an interest in Brown. Not sure about any others. I actually thought the Bills had a deal with Brown, but apparently that's not the case - it looks like Brown is still available.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

if we can get him for way less then hes worth then ill take him, no complaining on that.

7. Nine

Nine Starter

I believe the Lions just signed TJ Duckett, so they're probably not too interested in Brown anymore. (Besides, they already traded for Brown's faster but whinier twin brother, Tatum Bell).

I'm guessing the Bills would be his most likely landing spot, although there are plenty of teams interested in a #2 back with big-play capability. I'm sure most teams are scared off by his injury history....probably a lot more than he or his agent expected.

I'd still like to have him back...he's a well-rounded player who's strong in pass protection and a pretty good receiver out of the backfield, and is as good as any RB I've ever seen at converting third and long on the ground. Limit him to 10-15 carries per game, and he could be quite valuable.

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i think i heard the bills were gonna try out some guy thomas or something.

9. Nine

Nine Starter

Bills re-signed Anthony "The A-Train" Thomas, but I believe they're still in the market for a #2.

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

yea but in that case wouldnt brown rather come back here or try elsewhere, somewhere he can be a #1....or attempt maybe the better word.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar