Wesley Woodyard 2yr ext

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Arrow, Mar 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceeder

ceeder Starter

We lined up in jumbo sets with 2 TEs for 62% of offensive snaps last season. One of Matthews or your drafted WR would be on the bench, while... Phillip Supernaw(stone hands) or Jace Amaro(won't block) line up. That's a problem.

2. LangeSohne

LangeSohne Starter

But how much of that was due to the fact that our top WRs were Rishard, Tajae and Harry? I would rather not be forced to always go the 2 TE route since our WRs suck.

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

You're welcome. Grammar is not a myth.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Oj Howard.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

We definitely didn't use a FB that many times, so I'd say the percentage of 1 receiver sets was pretty low.

6. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

I'm going to give the Plump Prince three years to work this all through. He's no Webster and no Floydy either so , to start with , that is a big plus in my book.

Having said that , Cyprien and Sly are head-scratchers and the extension to Woodyard is double what I would have hoped but despite last years record , I think a few people have got to start reigning in the expectation that this is a Lombardi year despite us having plenty of cap money and two first round draft picks. Don't pop your cork early.

Best to wait until FA , draft and training camp goes by before we can truly assess how the pieces are likely to fit in JRob's vision of this years squad.

I suspect you're going to be feeling better than the bare bones we have on the table at the moment.

7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Do not like. This crushes my Foster dreams most likely :(

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I don't think it does. In fact I'd be more inclined to say we are going LB early actually. The contract basically reassures that Woodyard is a part time player and depth.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I don't really get the hate for this guy, or Williamson. They suck at coverage, sure..but they're pretty good versus the run and tackling. I'd like to get a guy that can do well in coverage, but Hightower isn't that either.

Williamson and Woodyard were both big parts in winning against Denver and KC last season. I'm sure they made plays in other games but they stood out in those games when I watched some clips the other day.

10. 615nick

615nick Starter

Signed a good player to a team friendly deal, i like it. Looks like we're going ilb early in this draft and making woodyard our #3. Is it riddick or foster?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar