Were we supposed to be better than 3-5?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You guys are acting like we were supposed to be a great team this year... I expected about 4-4 at this point. We aren't far off from where you guys should've expected us to be.

It's time for Jake to come back. Hasselbeck didn't play poorly - other than missing Cook wide open for a TD (which was obviously awful). But there's no point in playing Matt now that we lost to the Colts.

In many ways this loss reminded me of the Ravens playoff loss a few years ago. I felt like we had a very good overall performance - until we fell apart in the 4th. Like the Ravens game, there were about seven different things that happened in the Colts favor. Change one and we win...

1. Refs - I'm planning on doing some research. One of them had to be a Colts fan or had money on the game.
    2. Bironas - Seriously, dude. I'm done with you. You are Al Del Greco at this point. Time to find a new kicker.
    3. McCarthy dropped pick 6 - you can catch 'em easily in the preseason, but not when it matters. Awesome.
    4. Hasselbeck missed TD to Cook

Okay, so that's only four. But the refs one could include at least four different plays/calls that would've won the game for us had they gone the other way.

On the Bironas note... I know I will take heat for saying it, but I can name 20+ kickers in the league who would've made the kick. Game should've never gone to OT. Make your kicks, Rob. That wasn't a hard kick by NFL standards. Live up to your contract, and if you want an extension - stop missing kicks and making our games go into OT! If we lost to the Lions, I would've put it on you as well.

I am also sickened at the fact that our highlights don't even show the awful calls by the refs. They deserve to be executed for such a poor performance yesterday. I have NEVER seen such consistent bad calls against us throughout a game. The mass confusion they showed was simply pathetic. They can all go **** themselves for not reviewing that fumble at the end. Under 2 minutes; review it, idiots. Forward progress??? Seriously??? How about last year in the Bengals game when Cook was stood up and pushed back for over five seconds? That was ruled a fumble.

Show some ****ing consistency, you chumps. Our season is likely ruined in part to your inability to understand simple rules. Refs hate us. Always have; always will. Hard to win when you have to play the opposing team and zebras every time. Even a Steelers fan who hates the Titans texted me and said that the calls were absolutely ridiculous.

On a side note - Michael Griffin, please play like that every game. Maybe we won't hate you so much. You're obviously talented and capable... just play.

We've got to find a way to win our next two games (as the underdogs) and get to the bye at 5-5. It can happen. Bears are due a loss and so are the Dolphins. If the Bears play like they did yesterday, we have a chance.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

The kick in question was into the wind correct? That's a tough kick to maker. I don't think he's 100% either.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Forget records. We were supposed to be a better team than last year. That's the goal, to get BETTER. We are a much worse team. We're going the wrong way. F.A.I.L.

[/thread]

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think you are being a tad too hard on Rob right now. I mean it was a really windy game.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. RavensShallBurn

Gotta make that kick though. How far was it? 42 yards?

Gould kicks with awful wind every game and still makes his field goals.

Bironas is paid as if he's the best kicker in the league... gotta make your kicks even in tough situations.

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Bironas has only missed three field goals so far. My bet is he wont miss more than one more the rest of the way. He is also very clutch!

7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

You can't blame people for moaning, it's hard to swallow that kind of loss.

8. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Didn't most of us agree last year when the schedule came out that a 0-6 start was a very real possibility?

Then in that light, 3-5 doesn't look too bad :|

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Rob Bironas has set the bar really high for himself, it's hard not to be mad with him.

I mean the dude holds the NFL record for most FG's in 1 game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RavensShallBurn

One of the toughest in recent memory... because it's one of those games where you know you were the better team and that you played better for the majority of the game. Just a few dumb things happen in favor of the Colts and we lose because of them.

That said, I still think it's sort of silly to be complaining so much (though I'm obviously complaining about a lot in this thread as well). We are a team in rebuilding mode whether we can admit that or not. I definitely thought we'd be a better team, but not much better than our current record.

We need a couple more back to back drafts that are excellent in order to contend.

8-8 is still a possibility this year... which could make the playoffs in the AFC. Keep on fighting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar