Were the Titans "De-cleated"?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I heard discussion on talk radio that there might be an issue that our team wasn't equipped with the same lenght of cleats that the Pats were. Fisher denied this, but Ringer stated something to the effect that he needed longer cleats. I have to say that from what I saw, it WOULD explain a lot of the discrepancy in how slow we looked compared to the Pats.

The field conditions were like playing on a Slurpee. I did notice that every one of our players looked like they couldn't (or didn't want) to make a strong cut or accelerate.

Coming with the right equipment is ABSOLUTELY and ULTIMATELY a coaching RESPONSIBILITY. I'd like to know for certain if there really was an issue- because it would explain a lot in how much faster and stronger the Pats appeared on that field.

2. pettso

pettso Starter

CJ seemed to do alright with his cleats. Not sure if that proves anything though.

3. Riverman

I have to say at the game he appeared to be running with his weight directly over his arches rather his toes. Somebody who taped the game should look to see if there is indeed a difference in footwear and/or for differences in running techniques between the two teams.

4. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Personally, I just think that Ringer was trying to make the 59-0 loss seem not as bad as it was...short cleats might have been the case, but it still doesnt warrant a 59 point loss

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Yeah I noticed our DB's were running upright a lot which could tell you they didn't have any traction in the snow..But I doubt it would of changed much, we probably would of lost 45-0 though haha...

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Well...it was against the Patriots...:bighomer:

7. TygerNeo

TygerNeo Camp Fodder

It is actually the equipment manager's responsibility, but they generally bring everything imagineable from their training facility. I'm sure they follow a checklist sheet so they don't forget anything.

8. jokerama8

jokerama8 Camp Fodder

Interesting thought but it doesn't explain other posters talking about the team giving up before they even took the field,but I think you make a valid point..Surely somebody should have all the equipment at the ready..

9. Riverman

I was at the game- the Titans definitely had quit during the warmups. But the cleat issue would also explain how poor the effort appeared.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Huh?

They quit during WARMUPS???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar