"We're not what we used to be?"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by moose4now, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I just caught the tail end of the TB/Houston pre-season game on NFL Network. And, as the game was winding down, Joel Meyer (who's been doing the Texans pre-season games on NFL Network) ran down the Texans regular season schedule and has the winning "five of their first eight games." And, he also mentioned that one of them would be against us because "Tennessee aren't what they used to be."

I can't see them wiining more than 5-6 during the season, let only the first half of the season. :rolleyes:

Thoughts?

2. Just add that to the list of doubters the titans team has. Whats new?

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I guess he wasn't there last year when VY made his return to Houston. :winker:

4. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Until we can prove we can dominate consistently on offense and ranks once again as the one of the top 5 defenses in the NFL, we will not get respect. Due to our tougher schedule and questions about our non VY running offense, no one believes this team will better their record from last year. Everyone knows Vince can run but can he pass and to whom will he pass to? Do we have a RB who can carry the load? I, like most of us, think we will prove all the doubters wrong! I believe that our success will come from the defensive side of the ball. We must get back to the “top 5” caliber play. From what I have seen so far, we are on our way. A few FA pick ups this week could help such.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He's a houston fan. They're the only ones that think they'll win 5 games at all this year.

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

And, Houston proven this how?

He has them rolling through the NFL.

C'mon, let's be serious. :rolleyes:

7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I don't think we will be better this year, depending upon how the ball bounces I see us going any where from 6-10 to 9-7. I consider the playoffs a real longshot. Now next year I expect to see us around 9-7 to 11-5. My reasoning is we need more offensive weapons and at lease one defensive playmaker to step up.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Texan fans are always giddy in the preseason. By week 4, reality sets in.

9. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

Well, the balance to that would be Eddie George saying that the Titans are an 11 or 12 win team this year. I think hometown commentators tend to be a little too exuberant in the prognostications this time of year.

And speaking of what we used to be, was he talking about our teams that were in the playoffs 4-7 years ago, or last years team?

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Last years team would have been the best season the Texans have ever had.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar