We're not the best team in the league. Here's why:

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans256, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

1. Our offense isn't as good as advertised. If we can't run the ball down the opposing teams throat, our chances of winning are GREATLY reduced because our front office fails to acknowledge our shortcomings at the WR position (Tom Brady couldn't throw to these guys).

It doesn't really matter if you have the best defense in the league (which ours isn't quite THE best)...if your offense can't take advantage of opportunities given by the defense, you are NOT the best team in the league.

The best team wins the Super Bowl. We won't win the Super Bowl. I'm not thoroughly convinced that our current coaches, players and front-office style can get us to the promised land. I hope I'm wrong, but something tells me I'm not.

With that said, I love the Titans for better or worse. I'm just tired of seeing us get so close and not win it all.

Insanity is doing the same things and expecting different results.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

you really didn't back up your statements enough. I think you're wrong. If our O-lineman do their jobs, we run our way into the endzone. If our WR's do THEIR jobs, they actually catch the ball (I know, its a far-fetched idea), we get into the endzone. The problem is, sometimes things just don't work out the way we planned. It happens. Just because we lose to a team like the Texans doesn't mean we don't have a chance. We can beat the Steelers, we can beat the Jets (who have lost to San Fran and Oakland), we can kill Denver (who doesn't even deserve to be in the playoffs), we've already beaten Indy, we've already beaten Baltimore....Who says we can't go all the way? I still have faith.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Some of us don't take to losing well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

So if the Cowboys beat the Giants tonight who is the best team in the league? No team is without faults.

Panther- Delhomme has been throwing a ton of picks lately.
    Cardinals- Look at their score right now.
    Broncos- No run game, Cutler = Overrated.
    Giants- Eli is inconstant, that's why they lost to the Browns and Eagles. If Eli plays poorly they can't seem to win.
    Steelers- Ben takes too many sacks and their offense might be worse than ours.
    Jets- Overrated.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Jets were lucky today.

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Losing to Houston is not the end of the world, and doesn't mean someone can't be the best team in the NFL. Whichever team wins the Super Bowl this year will have lost to at least one mediocre to flat out just bad team. The Giants lost to Cleveland. It happens, you have bad days...whether it be on the field, or play calling, or a combination of the two.

Ultimately, the goal of the regular season 16-game schedule is to win your division to host 1 playoff game..above that is to gain homefield throughout. With 3 games to play, we went into today with a 2 game lead and can at no worse be a #2 seed and still get the all important bye. That's if we COMPLETELY lay an egg the final 3 weeks of the season.

With that in mind, we are in fine shape, we need to look at today through January 10th as pre-season and we are getting ready for our home opener. My only concern at this point is the availability of Haynesworth...among other key starters which we can not lose.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Your wrong on this.

During this season,with the exception of McCrareins our WR's have shown that they are more than good enough to get it done.

Today Collins was really out of sorts & the loss lies squarely with him having a terrible day.

8. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

You just proved my point. Things do not work out the way they have been planned. That does not happen with championship teams. Champions always find ways to win when it counts. They don't go 19 or 20-0...but they end up with a Lombardi trophy.

It's happened for the Giants, Patriots, Colts, Steelers, Bucs, Rams, Ravens, Broncos, Packers, Cowboys, 49ers, Redskins, Raiders, etc..etc...We are no where on that list.

At this point, I dont care how we win it...we just need to win it.

9. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

We gotta get those steelers.

10. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

We got our job cut out for us! Time to prove everybody wrong!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar