1. Pardon our mess as we continue to update the new forum software. Big thanks to Mike and Preditan for all their help in the transition. If you run into any problems, put them in the Update Thread.

Wells close to signing with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 16, 2012.

1. onetontitan

onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

You HONESTLY think that the FO wouldn't have signed him if we weren't trying to free up cap space for Manning? Please.
  2. A.D.

A.D. Thank you, Bud. R.I.P. Staff Member

My spirits were so high and now they're dashed. This must be a really cruel joke by a very sick person. :sad2:
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Special Teams Standout

I believe that's a definite possibility. We don't know how much money the guy wanted. It may have been something we weren't comfortable with, Manning or no.
  4. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

It depends on how much he wanted, how much we want to commit to Manning, be able to release Amano, and how much we thought was a fair deal for him.
  5. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Walterfootball.com says Wells' deal is four years, $24 million and $14 million guaranteed. Myers' deal was was four years, $25 million and $15 million guaranteed.
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

That is something I would have had no problem giving up, especially if it meant the Amano was gone.
  7. Gunny

Most people would give up their left testicle to get rid of Amano. LeRoy Harris should replace him.
  8. onetontitan

I'd be content with them switching positions. Even ESPN and talk radio is starting to talk about it...
  9. Gunny

Well Amano was a decent guard and about 1000 times better than he is a C. Harris was decent at Center though I think he had issues with NTs in the 3-4.

Fisher decided it would be a good idea to swap them.
  10. onetontitan

He also thought keeping Donnie Nickey on the roster all those years was a good idea.

Obviously, the guy lost touch with reality. I can't believe he got another job with another team...the game has passed him by.