Well well - our Titans are 4-0!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Maybe i'm alone on this but I didn't see our offense dominate minnesota today. I also would take baltimore's defense over minnesota's any day of the week. I just find it interesting the word dominated is used in our offense performance for the day. Our td drives were of 33 yards, 11 yards, and 6 yards. To me right now it seems our offense's capabilities are dependent on field position. It seems whenever we start in our own half of the field we can't go down and get td's that often. This has been a problem for the last couples years though.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

no, we scored 3 rushing TD's, 3 field goals, Collins threw for 200 yards. We sucked. We got in the field position BEACAUSE of our QB, so your argument is NULL AND VOID.

3. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

While we didn't get a first, it was refreshing to see Dinger recognize the fact that the Vikes have a very tough run D and try to pass, pass, pass.

Grinding out the run only works when you can get first downs...

I still think Dinger>> Chow.

Chow would continue to run, run, pass, punt ad nausium..

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

4-0 is nice, and our D has got to be licking its chops for the rookie QB next week. Cant Freaking wait.

5. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

yeah!...lets make it 5-0

6. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

so on our possessions that we got at the minnesota 11, 6, and 33 were because of collins? Listen I support collins more than anyone and hope we can win with him but i'm not going to pretend like collins is doing a great job like some of you are. The fact is our qb was 5/14 for 54 yards in the second half which is about a 47 passer rating. Now I understand that he's not turning the ball over which is great. But I would rather him throw in a turnover every now and then instead of going 3 and out almost every possession in the 2nd half.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I should hope so. Chow can't even get it done at with his college team.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I loved the way we played today. I am of the opinion that we have the best D in the league, we force turnovers like it's going out of style and play smashmouth football. I think that this D reminds me a LOT of the 2006 Bears that went to the Super Bowl...give up yards but not points and focus on turnovers and scoring on defense. Our turnover ratio is +6 after 4 games, and it seems to me like our glaring weaknesses from last year (passing D, forcing turnovers, offensive redzone efficiency) are our strong points now. And I do think we dominated this game today. We set the tone on the first drive and they could never catch up, great show today. GO TITANS

9. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

Oh that just gas or bad memories. I can still see Ray take the ball from eddie on a screen and score.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Ray will be gasping for air trying to catch up with CJ. We are going against a rookie QB who hasn't thrown an TD yet. We are going to eat him alive. Our D-line is healthy as can be (from what I understand), and I have a feeling that Baltimore is going to get their asses handed to them by the Steelers first, THEN we're going to KILL them. I'll never forget the rivalry, EVER. I'm sure we haven't forgotten as a team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar