Well...Vick's turn has come to face Goodell...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:ha:

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

To me, it says they are extremely concerned with players following the policies that the NFL has set in place. Pacman directly violated league rules by not reporting arrests, which differentiates him from Tank Johnson, Chris Henry, and Vick.

(Note: I am not saying Pacman's crimes are worse OR not as bad as others, just stating that the fact he didn't report the crime to the NFL distinguishs him from other current NFL players facing legal troubles.)

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

??

It took Goodell what, about a week to 10 days to decide on Pacman's supsension AFTER he met with Pac in NY. That followed, what, about a month to a month and half of debate about Pac... will he be suspended, won't he, how long, etc.

It would have completely SHOCKED me if the day or week after Vick was indicted that Goodell came out and said "Supended for the year!!" At this point, I assume Goodell is gathering facts about the case/crimes, doing research into public perception, etc. Goodell will at some point meet with Vick and then go from there.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Uh. He's hesitating to suspend ONE pro bowl player, so 10? lol

5. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

Letting Travis Henry get away was crazy also...I wouldn't put it past Captain Pooch-Screwer, Mike Reinfeld.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You are correct. I actually heard a survey say that 1 of 5 Chicago inner city school kids had been to a dogfight. If Horse Racing is the sport of Kings, then Dogfighting is the sport of the ghetto. They won't miss the chance to nail someone that is high profile to bring public awareness to this. Vick's face has been pulled from the Falcon's website, and fans are writing in to say they are not going to renew tickets, nor do new fans want tickets while Vick is still onboard. This is really a tough one, because we are talking not only a Superstar, but your franchise QB. As someone on ESPN said, it would have been 10 times better if this were a domestic violence case. Nancy Grace has been hammering Vick over this, along with PETA, etc. The NFL has a tough decision ahead, but you can bet this is the last type of publicity they ever wanted to see. I think Blank will sit him down for the season and await the outcome of the trial.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar