Well.... There Goes Tony Gonzalez

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRed3, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6362970

Tony Gonzalez is close to a six-year deal with the Chiefs. I know a lot of people on here were campaigning for him in the offseason, but that seems to be over now.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Rats, and from Foxnews... terrible...

He would have been a great addition, but it's probably the best deal for him to stay there.

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

No loss...we have plenty of TE's.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

He's on the decline anyway

5. GoTitans3801

We do? Who?

Kinney? Probably won't come back from that surgery.

Troupe? Hasn't shown enough to rely on.

Scaife? Yes, he's good. He alone isn't plenty.

Cramer? Hartsock? Whoever our 6th and 7th stringers were? They did a good job stepping in, but I wouldn't say we're set with them.

TE is an important position, especially with a developing QB. I was completely satisfied with our TE group going into the season, but if Kinney doesn't come back, it changes dramatically.

I don't think it's a big deal that we can't sign Tony, but it was a nice idea.

6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Seriously, why would we need one great TE when we have 2 very good ones and a few other serviceable ones?

7. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

Gonzo re-up'd

Just saw Tony Gonzales resigned with the Chefs, well it was a nice pipe dream while it lasted.
    My bad on the repost, but what does this mean in terms of our situation at TE if we lose faith in Troupe

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Kinney is no loss. Hartsock can do the same thing. Scaife is our premier TE, and I think Troupe will have a much better year. We have more places we need to spend money than in that area. Hall and White can also catch and run pretty well, so I don't receiving as a glaring problem.

9. GoTitans3801

Kinney is no loss? He was our best blocking TE, and a guy with good hands who you could throw to when you really needed it. It's hard to calculate his value, but it's well above Hartsock. Hall and White can catch and run pretty well, but they aren't TEs.

I don't see it as a glaring problem either, but it may be something we need to address, and it's certainly a position that at this point looks to be weaker in 2007 than in 2006.

10. We have Bo Scaife who is pretty decent, so he and Troupe would make a good tandem, Kinney might be done for his career though, I think the titans should look for a late round TE in the draft, just like they did with Scaife...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar