weird question

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Yossarian, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

sorry. my recollection of an nfl films presentation I saw 3 years ago is kinda of hazy. At least I'm well aware that Super Bowl xxxiv was played in the peach state.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/1999/991031/recap/stlten.html

I don't see how a gridlock 4th quarter is not a close game.

btw- did you notice Superdome or not? :winker:

The Giants went up by a large margin in our game with them recently. We built a rapid comeback there and ultimately won. In that game with the Rams seasons ago the Rams were the one who were unable to engineer the comeback.. even though they got close and countless opprotunities to get it done. what? the whole 4th quarter? ... must be some kind of irony that in the superbowl later that year the Titans were the one who found themselves down and nearly engineered the greatest comeback ever... because of the magnitude of it being a superbowl... points are points and wins are wins but the greatest comeback in a superbowl has to be the greatest comeback ever... I mean, winning the superbowl is the reason the other games are even played.

2. To be fair bipolar, I think some or most of us noticed the 'what if', and not anything else...

but yes I am a ******* as well:bonk2:

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

never known a 24 - 21 came to not be close ever.

I know the Rams missed a FG to tie it.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Please find where I said where the game was played. I simply said I do not like dome games. I am well aware where we played the SB.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No one said where the game was played, he is just saying we missed it.

I don't think it matters.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

so I'll put you down for reading right over "Superdome" without going "wth"? :yes:

right. I agree with you the wrong way all the time and you try to split hairs and you just give the noob a pass on Superdome instead of Georgia Dome.

Right. :ha:

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

OK, I get your point. I glossed over the first post, and was just thinking about indoor versus outdoor games. I concede.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

well, history shows us that the Rams couldn't win against us on grass that season. Good thing for the Titans they got off to that great start and held onto that lead. I'd like to find the game book to that matchup. (regular season)

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

It would do no good. Fisher goes into a different mode in postseason. Very conservative. Sadly he plays more "not to lose" than to win. We really didn't have a very good secondary that year, but a really good D-line. We put teams in postion to have to throw to catch up, and just let them make mistakes. One of the reasons we led the league in TOP. If you remember in the SB we had the Rams backed up deep, and on 3rd down Warner let one fly, and they completed a 40 yard pass to midfield. Thankfully we don't have Sanders or Dyson around anymore. They would have made Hill and LT look like probowlers.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

just wanted to apologize to BiPolar and everyone for not checking my facts first and to cause the huge commotion.. didn't think twice about the locale .. just wanted to get my general question out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar