weird question

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Yossarian, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I have a question that has been bugging me ever since we lost to the Rams in Superbowl 34 and I was wanting to get y'alls take on it...

... if the superbowl had been played outdoors and not indoors in the Superdome, would the Titans have had a better chance at beating the rams.. because for one the Rams were "the greatest show on turf" and two.. I recall beating them earlier in that season at Adelphia...

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Not to be a killjoy (feel free to ignore), but...

I really have a hard time accepting "What If?..." threads because nothing useful can come out of a premise that didn't happen. And in sports, one "what if" can lead to an infinate number of "what if"s. For example:

What if McNair didn't recover? Could Volek have won the game instead?
    What if Dyson had rubber arms like Plasticman?
    What if the game was played outdoors, but New Orleans was actually in Seattle and it was snowing like hell?
    What if Mason pulled a Moss and decided not to catch balls because he didn't feel like it?
    What if the sky were actually green and the grass was actually blue, but we didn't know it because our color receptors were upside-down?

I'm not trying to be a hole, but I hope you see where I'm going with this by being absurd. Quite simply, sports discussions (or any other, for that matter) become entirely empty and meaningless when based on a nonexistent, imaginary premise.

JMO.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Volek wasn't around then. He was busy keeping David Carr on the bench.

4. avvie

:doh: NOD? I wasn't following the team then.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:yes:

see if you can figure out my double meaning on that icon :brow:

6. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

There are a million what if things. You can't tell for sure. We lost, and that's it.

7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Thats the way football is..
    Luck plays a major role in determining the outcome of a game.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I do hate indoor games, but our loss had more to do with Fisher going conservative as he always does in the playoffs, rather than where it was played. And you are correct, in regular season we lit the Rams up. It was ugly. I believe Fred Miller had 6 false starts.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

.. I completely agree and I understand where you're coming from.. and I understand that luck does play a big role in games of that magnitude.. I just wish (and this is where the "life is not fair" speech comes in).. that all superbowl games were played outdoors.. (i know it's a stupid concept).. I think the majority of teams would benefit... and was that the last Indoor superbowl?

10. avvie

Double meaning?? I just thought your were out of Micheal Jordon photos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar