Week 1 Starting QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Sep 1, 2006.

?
  1. Kerry Collins

27 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. Billy Volek

24 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Vince Young

13 vote(s)
    20.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I honestly can't believe how much I'm agreeing with RT on this.

At the least, there's no reason to get rid of Volek, Collins was mainly brought in because Vince shouldn't start immediately. We now have two QBs who can get us through the season. Volek will probably start this week at the least because Collins hasn't been here long enough. They'll fight for the starting job the rest of the season.

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Wow! He had a good game in 2002. Yippy! - Yes, he won one game 4 years ago. That's awsome! He deserves to start. (not) Besides the fact that he can't get rid of the ball and he panics under preasure I think he's great. I've never been a Volek supporter and I'm still not. It makes sense that he's a back-up because he isn't good enough to start for any team let alone ours. It's not a crime that he's a back-up it's just where is belongs and not as a starter.

A month or two ago??? Just because I don't get on here everyday of my life doesn't mean I had any change of heart towards billy. He stunk then and he stinks now. Our team never wins when he plays and that's not just a coincidence.. Furthur more, I'm not by any stretch a Kerry Collins fan I just think he's better than BV. Billy has done absolutely nothing to earn the starting spot other than choke everytime he plays.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

what the hell is wrong with you? :sad2:

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I would have love to have Kitna here. He would have been great for Young to mentor under. To bad Kitna was taken by Detroit the second he went up. Palmer played under him and he seems to be doing well. Not so sure about Brooks. The Raiders had to get rid of Collins there fans would have set Mt. Davis a blaze if he came back. He was actually boo'ed off the field to "Collins Sucks" at home in Oakland. That is bad.

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Doesn't matter which one starts. I've watched this OL. They're both gonna get killed before the season is out.

6. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

Volek will play the first part of the season!
    Collins will play the second part of the season!
    Vince Young will play the third part of the season!

We finish either 6-10 or 7-9

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Busted!!!

I am calling you out here BUBBA. I read every stinking word of that.

IT WAS LONG!!!

and you know what? I think they should make a movie and call it The Kerry Collins Story. I've never EVER seen anyone spin something no one cares enough to read all out and sum it up into a lie. Your summation is CRAP sir! BULLCRAP!!!

posters... read the article and judge Collins for yourself from that reporters information. I won't take passages in quotes to illustrate my point. My point will be made in your own assesment of the piece.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I agree SEC, but didn't bother to reply because it's not worth trying to reason with Tide and have to deal with his shennanigans, like having words put in your mouth and belittled and such.

But there were many minority players in that article all saying KC is not a racist.
    He admits he has a drinking problem but has not had a drink since 1999.
    So, calling him a racist and drunk is typical Tide mud and lies.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

let's talk about his submission here...

I lied. I will drag little quotes to kick around... hmmm... who to trust on Collins character? Some guy who has never met him or a guy that coached him in his formative years?

(yes this post is a kind impersonation):rolleyes:
    Is that hyperbole? I don't know but it would be IRONIC if it was.:crazy:

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

BP I would not try to ride in on a white horse for this guy. Whatever the situation or implication of the way he used the word, he used it in mixed company and did not consider the outcome, obviously.

It reflects poorly on his decision making abilities. That translates directly to his on the field performance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar