Week 1 Starting QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Sep 1, 2006.

?
  1. Kerry Collins

27 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. Billy Volek

24 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Vince Young

13 vote(s)
    20.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

should sue for plagerism.

and how dumb are CBS

Rookie corner Cortland Finnegan is pushing for a roster spot as a non-drafted player from Samford.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

RT, for maybe the first time, I totally agree with you. Collins was brought in as insurance, he won't be the week 1 starter.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It was nice to see BV have some success but I think Collins will start.

4. H Man

H Man Guest

If we don't trade him, we start him.

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I think he completed that pass, which is another reason why I think he should start. On the other hand, Billy knows he's being shopped, he better have his best game if he truely wants traded for anything other than 2 footballs and a kicking-T.

6. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Tell me what was the point of signing Kerry Collins then? To sit and watch from the bench? The coaching staff probably doesn't feel comfortable with Volek starting. Vince Young is the future Qb of this team as we all know, and will be starting some point this season, but for sure next season the team is his. This is why we signed Collins for 1 season. And if Volek is the starter, how come he is on the verge of getting traded?

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Vince Young, let it begin. He's the best qb we have. And the only playmaker on the whole team.

8. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

The Titans didnt give Collins the amount of money they did to sit on the bench

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny

As usual gunny you provide a useless argument. Don't ask me how many games volek has played tell me. It's 2 clicks away.. Volek has been through 7 camps-preseasons, appeared in 24 games and started 10 games..

So we should automatically take the oldest QB on the planet and just start him? Is that your logic?

The collins pick up was a good idea but suddenly he has become god. Why because he completed a few passes(7 of 13)? Some of the same people that were against collins even being here are now convinced he's our man.

Volek will start.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Supertitan...

The Titans didnt give Collins the amount of money they did to sit on the bench
    --------------------

Why not? Volek has made that kind of money backing up mcnair. Volek is counting $2.3M against the cap this year. Are they paying volek that kind of money just to sit the bench?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar