Webster & Whiz take the podium in a few

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not saying I like any of the recent picks. Quite the opposite. I only see Lewan as a potential stud but I give any player the benefit of the doubt until entering year four.

Was Webster responsible for bringing in the following?
    G Steve Hutchinson
    DE/LB Kamerion Wimbley
    G Andy Levitre
    RB Shonn Greene
    DT Sammie Hill
    TE Delanie Walker
    QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
    S Bernard Pollard (twice)
    S George Wilson
    DL Ropati Pitoitua (twice)
    LB Moise Fokou
    RB Dexter McCluster
    LB Wesley Woodyard
    RB Jackie Battle (twice)
    RB Leon Washington (twice)
    DT Al Woods
    QB Charlie Whitehurst
    T Michael Oher

Let's give Webster props on Walker who is, BY FAR, the only player on this list of free agents to be anything close to a quality starter.

2. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Agreed, Walker is by far the best signing. But, not every signing is a homerun. Not every guy is signed to be a starter either. Every team misses. But, we also need solid depth signings as well. I would say that these guys were decent depth/ starter signings:
    Sammie Hill
    Fitzpatrick
    Pollard
    Pitoitua
    Wilson
    McCluster (be better next year)
    Woodyard
    Battle
    Washington

The players that he completely missed on where: Oher, Levitre and Wimbley. Not a bad ratio.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It just happens Oher, Levitre and Wimbley were supposed to be solid starters. McCluster was to be a impact player. You're kidding yourself if you think the Titans have done anything close to average with their free agency signings the last two seasons.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Blame Bud Adams for the Wimbley deal, that whole Manning chase kept us from talking to guys we actually had a shot at like Mario Williams...

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. Passepartout

Passepartout April Showers!

Maybe take a QB if Zach M is not the long term answer. Or keeps getting hurt.

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

A lot depends on his medical evaluation.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If I wanted to be like you I would have started 10 stupid thread by now.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

The thing about that list is that all the "bad signings" have one thing in common: their production fell off a cliff in the year before they came here and their first year.

Hell, Hutchinson was considered top tier at his position before he came here.

I just don't really see how it falls on the GM to, first, predict such dropoff. And second, to prevent it. Especially when it happens time and again.

I mean, I get that you don't sign over the hill guys based on an outlier year of production, but I just don't think that is the rEason we keep getting burned.

9. amy

amy Starter

Maybe the picks were good. Maybe the the team atmosphere ruined them. Maybe the teachers they have fail to inspire. It probably happess more thanwe realize.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Say whaaaaaat?

Hutchinson landed on IR the two seasons before he became a Titan. Shocker that he ended up on IR his only year here at the age of 35.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar