Weaknesses Addressed

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Only thing I'm still worried about is LB depth. We have competent starters at each LB position, but no backup ILBs worth a damn. Wallace & Dodd (if ever healthy) have potential.

Just not looking forward to being punished up the middle vs the run again. Maybe Sly and DL development will stop that though.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Agree, still worry the Jack Doyle's of the world will produce against us. I was hoping to add a ILB.
    Maybe Cyrpien helps??

3. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Are you serious? I don't get your complaint, MM8 puts up some good stats for a 2nd year QB. Do you forget how horrible QB play was before he got here? Gone are the 3 hours of punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, maybe fg, punt, punt...

#23 SalmonSlayer, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Guys I want to see us pick...

Blair Brown
    Brad Kaaya
    Julie'n Davenport
    Jordan Leggett
    Jake Butt
    Dorian Johnson

5. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

Thing is, defense can take awhile to develop - much more so than offense, and we are right there at making the playoffs and going on a run. Generally you want to give guys a year to learn the D, and so while competing this year I thought was a possibility, albeit a stretch, I feel there's zero chance this year, and probably not a good chance next year either of taking home a Lombardi.

So yeah, now I feel it's a long process because J-Rob has made it out to be. I just don't understand the consistent idea this franchise has to focus on offense first every year for the past 100. We have our QB, we have a top 3 best offensive line to protect him. We have some weapons, albeit not that true #1 receiver - and I love Corey Davis, more so than any receiver in the draft in quite awhile, and I'm happy he's on this team, but damn. After we took him, we should've focused on defense, and 2 of our next 3 players, including giving up two of our picks to get one has been offense. That's essentially 5/6 picks minus the 5th rounder we spent on offensive players in the first six rounds. I love the picks themselves. I think J-Rob has a great eye for talent, but I seriously question him here.

This is a league ran by stopping the QB, and QB that can't be stopped. Defense and a QB.

I thought J-Rob was different. Being a defensive player, being a defensive coach, coming from the Patriots..I thought he knew the importance of a great defense. Seems like he's more focused on adding subpar FAs to fill that gap like Webster did, and become the Post-Super Bowl winning Packers & Saints/Cowboys/Pre-Dan Quinn Falcons that can score 40 points, but inconsistently makes the playoffs and never get past the 1st round because they have no defense. It's still only been two years, and we said it last year...he needed to focus on defense this year. He didn't, and I'll say it again, 100% needs to focus on defense next year. I have a feeling it probably won't happen, or at least to the extent it needs to, and if it doesn't, personally J-Rob goes in my penalty box. I don't care how good he is at scouting and drafting offensive players, because defense wins championships. The Patriots dynasty and really every other Super Bowl that I've watched is a testament to that.

• Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

Our run defense is stout, especially after we added Cyprien (imo the bad signing) and Ryan who is a better run-defending corner than pass-defender. Sly gives us the help in the interior pass rush that we need to make it much more consistent. If Poe is healthy, I personally would've preferred him, but Sly's my second choice for this team.

7. bupac

bupac Starter

I hope we don't try to use Jackson like McCluster. Jackson needs to stay as a CB and PR/KR. No offense please

8. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

I think he's been great. I'm not the one criticizing him game in and game out wishing him to fail. I love the kid and as all you know have been pumping him up since day one.

There are those out there that look at him and say "he's not a prototypical quarterback" and don't buy into him and wish him nothing but failure because they don't buy into him.

All I'm saying now is he has the pieces. There are no more excuses unless you want to point to them to Mularkey. If he struggles at all this year with the improved pieces, his future is probably uncertain which should cause these nay Sayers to dance. I don't think that will be the outcome. But it forces this whole to perform.

9. iQon

iQon Starter

I'm still a little nervous about our Safeties and LB's, but yes, we've improved ten-fold.

I haven't been this confident about this team's potential in nearly a decade.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

So much this. We looked like the slowest team in the NFL last year. Still won 9 games. Added speed and more balance on offense. Now what will opponents do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar