Weaknesses Addressed

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

Almost all offense. If they all can play, there are very few excuses left in the book for Mariota and why he isn't flourishing. This draft is about putting weapons around him. I love what they did with the Adoree pick but Marcus potentially finally has some pieces. If he can't make this work, it no longer is the managements or coaches problem unless it is scheme.

Instead about biatching about the lack of D, maybe Posters like Maker who can't stand Marcus need to view this as a positive for their running agenda on seeing him gone.

#11 SuperMariota, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

I agree we need to continue to points on the board.

We turned the first pick into a right tackle, running back, wide receiver, wide receiver and tight end.

The pieces are in place

We only spent one draft pick from that trade on defense. If I'm not mistaken.

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Except he's already flourished.

If these weapons pan out quickly, I expect to see Marcus challenging Brady for best in the afc in the next couple seasons.

• High Five High Five x 7
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

It helps a QB when he doesn't have to start a game with 7-0 deficits every game. Rodgers and the packers are a testament to that. Weapons will pad stats but won't win football games, at least enough to win a title.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. rekirts

rekirts Starter

hes flourished just fine tho. if he never improved at all anymore he'd still be a franchise QB. Sky is the limit for him

• High Five High Five x 5
  6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Not sure I understand most of this post. How is Mariota NOT flourishing? Wasn't he top 10 in QB rating or something like that? He had a stretch where he was one of the top 2 or 3 QB's in the league.

There could already be some evidence of this mixing talent with not a good system fit. I really like Taylor as a player, but he's a bit of a free lancer as KW was which is why Wright is no longer here. For a team that has been harping on running precise routes (why I think they liked Davis over MWilliams) for the last few years, this seems like an odd pick...especially when we traded up to get him.

I don't understand how giving Marcus more weapons would be a good thing for people who want to see him fail. He SHOULD only get better.

A LOT better!!!

• High Five High Five x 5
  7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

You're right. Our defense will have to improve to make a serious title run.

I think jrob realizes this was a multi year process.

Last year, we fixed the run game. Line and backs. Some front seven peices that hopefully show something.

This year, other than patching the secondary, has been about giving mariota weapons. It makes sense to do this now, as it gives them time to gel and grow together.

Next year I could see being about defense. Those players usually contribute quicker and would be young for our title runs.

I say this year we are aiming at division champs and at least one playoff win.

Next year is when we start deep runs.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

MM8 THE GREAT is just fine. WEAPONS NEEDED, WEAPON GAINED. TITANS WILL WIN THE SOUTH THIS YEAR.....IF fata$$ plays as GOOD as most of you guys think he is.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Very pleased with what we've done so far.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

All of those adds have seemed solid except the sly Williams one

I havent read or heard one good thing anywhere on him. Rotoworld ripped him, Walter ripped him (yes I know no one likes Walter in here lol) but they all say the same thing - terrible against the run or whatever- and they overpaid to get him.

He was one of the biggest weak spots on that denver team and they probably couldn't wait to let him walk and the Titans jumped all over him

If there's one bad signing it's that guy the rest can't complain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar