Weakest link on defense - POINT'em OUT!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i'd like to see Finny and Griffin at corner

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Been saying that since Preseason....man that would be a heck of a tandem and both are only going to improve. Harper would be a good nickel back.

But will never happen so what are you gonna do?

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

based on what?

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

We are 9th in the league right now stopping two of the top offenses of '06. Though far from perfect, I don't see ANY glaring weaknesses. Harper and Fowler are learning the system and the players around them. They should only improve. Same with Lowry with experience.

It the Titans D can stay healthy, it should only get better.

5. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Stop acting like Gunny

6. Fry

i have seen absolutely nothing wrong with lowry's play, especially nothing that indicates he needs to take a seat.

would i like to see griffin on the field? of course i would, but i would like to see him on the field where he would be an upgrade, and right now i think him replacing harper would be better than replacing lowry.

7. Fry

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

That seems to be the key. A little upgrade over Sirmon, Lamont, and Hill can go a long way. I'd say Odom is also playing better now than LaBoy last year.

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

This thread is absurd. To question a D that stifled the Jags running O and held the Colts to 22 point shows low class IMO.

I vote we do not have a weakest link other then the fan who questions our D's play.

We are currently 6th in points allowed in the NFL and 9th in yards allowed. Our defense is ranked higher then the Rat-Birds in points allowed and have the next fewest yards allowed. We were ranked LAST in the league last year and accourding to the "experts" we were dead with out Adam Jones. :rolleyes:

Charts

If you want to point to a weakness in our game plan, why not pointing a finger at our crappy red zone performance? Better play call would have scored us allot more TDs instead of field goals.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Harper is good, just because he doesn't get a lot of INTs doesn't mean he's not good. I think Finnegan is worse actually, and Fowler, but we aren't coaches, we only see what TV shows us. If Griffin was a better corner or safety, he'd probably be out there right now. The entire defense has played phenomenally, and there is really no weak link.

I totally agree with you Blazing Arrow. Where were these threads when our defense actually sucked the past 3 years???

My point is, until there is a serious problem, Quit hating. This has turned into a bash Harper thread, because he isn't the cocky, flashy player that some people are. But he is solid.

I know it's now our bye week, but come on. Savor the few good moments like this, we haven't had many since 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar