We should play Mariani!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Stephenson, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iQon

iQon Starter

I came here to say this. Even though I think Williams and Washington are better fits right now, Mariani showed good hands in the preseason and I think he can make some big plays on offense if we ever get desperate.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Mariani is a rookie and did about all you could with his opportunities in the pre-season. He also plays a different position than Cook (who isn't a rookie) so I have no idea how they are being compared. I really don't think the Titans are scared at all if they have to put Mariani out there but WRs typically don't see much of the field on offense their rookie year. IMO if the Titans had not drafted a very good looking rookie in Williams Mariani would be getting some reps right now with the offense. Hawk might be ahead of him but Hawk has been here for a few years. That doesn't mean Mariani sucks just that Hawk is a decent player with more experience. The Titans are as deep at WR as they have been since coming to TN. There were some years where a guy like Mariani would be getting much more playing time.

Also, since you missed it Mariani is far better as a returner than Williams which is why he is out there. Williams had his chance and simply didn't look very good.

3. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

He was injured for two games in preseason and in the two games he played he had to share returns with mariani.

He had one fumble something mariani has done in real games.
    But yes mariani did win the return game YES mariani was the best return man during the preseason out of the whole NFL.

And mariani should be our return man but to even JOKE about him playing in the slot is stupid and even more stupid is to think his gonna be the next wes welker.

I think D will is the next wes welker not this special teams only trash player like mariani.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You hate white people. All there is too it.

See? I can make unfounded statements too.

I doubt Mariani becomes anything special as far as a WR goes, but he'll be on this roster a lot longer than Cook will if things go the way they are now.

5. costarica2

I'm not defending any player not cook not hawk not Dwill.

This is not madden is real football and clearly some people are blind and don't know talent even if it hits them in the face.

But they rather have trash players who 'work hard' this is not college basketball you actually need talent to win games in the NFL.

6. Fry

I like how you call Mariani trash when he hasn't even gotten the reps at WR to make that determination.

I like the fact that both Mariani and Williams have carved out roles on this team. I don't know why you don't.

7. costarica2

The same way you feel about cook is how I feel about Mariani.

It bothers me that he gets love when he has done nothing whats so ever. Compare him to wes welker is like me or someone else saying Cook is the next Gates when he has not shown any potential to even get to that level.

I love his returns I think his the best kick returner since D mason.
    But going over the top and say that he should play right now over veterans who are playing in a high level right now and to compare him to one of the best WRs in NFL is stupid.

8. Fry

Here's the difference, one is helping his team while the other isn't. One the coaches have found a way to get on the field and the other one is kept off the field.

I also didn't go on a two month rampage about why Cook sucks like you did with Mariani.
    First off, he gets love because he's the best returner we've had since pacman was slapping strippers. Secondly, you're taking the Welker comparison too literally.
    Does that honestly sound like a serious comparison?

9. Fry

Deuce already does that :ha:

10. costarica2

Are you Brandon fisher?

Fine lets put moss in the bench and lets play this son of a b!@$.Because you are blind go ahead and cheer for this loser but we have bigger and better players to talk about.

I'm not gonna waste my time anymore talking about this trash players like Mariani rusty BO ect..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar