We need some Defensive Line HELP!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #90, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

last week they gave us a reason to have hope. this week they gave up enough points and yards in the first half that most teams would have in an entire game.

2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

We've all heard the great reports about Fuller, so I'd like to see him drop back and play safety while Woolfolk plays Nickel.

Why was Harris playing nickel last night? Was Fuller hurt?

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Our true playing level is probably half way between both performances. Still crap but no way we can suck like last night again. I'll reserve judgement till after the Jets game.

I hear Stevie Wonder is coming in to try out for the D line,he may have a shot depending on how fast he can run the 40..... :doh:

4. #1TitansFan

#1TitansFan Camp Fodder

There is no gurantee that Mike Bell would have been good behind our Oline. The Broncos have one of the best in the league. You could probably put any back behind their line and he will rush for over 1000 yards.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

A perfect example of coaching and scheme and not player talent. I hope Schwartz was taking notes.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:applause:

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Sirmon IS a QUITTER, should have been cut when he sent the fax

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The NO game wasn't even in the same league as the Bronco's game. NO was our first game coming off brutal training camp practices and we didn't look horrible. Losing the game made little difference to me.
    I really thought we would be a little more fresh and show something against the Broncos. We showed something all right. Yes our defense should be better. We have more speed, athleticism and experience now. So far nobody is stepping up including Bulluck who needs to start making plays himself. Hopefully this team will jell and put the Bronco game behind them but what I get discouraged about is the dumb animal look these guys have on the field when the other team is running all over them.

9. TM

TM Starter

The biggest problem on the DL in the Broncos game wasn't Schwartz or the scheme. It was KVB. He lost containment to his side at least 5 times in the first half and also had two penalties. If you have TIVO, look at his play again.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

My point about Tulloch is basically that Sirmon is done. He's not coming back. He won't get any better. He's about as fast as a lineman. Tulloch lacks Sirmon's experience, but he's a much more able body. You'll see us suffer greatly in the middle with Sirmon there. At least Tulloch can get better as the season goes on. Sirmon will not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar