We need some Defensive Line HELP!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #90, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

#90 Camp Fodder

We aren't getting much pressure. We need some catalyst for the DL. With the way Tulloch looked last night, I wouldn't mind seeing us dangle Sirmon for trade with someone for a decent Defensive Lineman.......or watch the waiver wire really, really close and find a steal, because we need it badly...

2. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

I knew there was a big difference when Haynesworth wasnt in there but i had no idea it would be this bad. your right though. trade Sirmon, Brown, Calico for a few D-linemen.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Greg Ellis we should be targeting, and I thought we were keeping an eye on Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson or Wilkerson, whatever, but he went to who, Miami?

We better not lose out on Ellis.

I'd still keep an eye out for Donnie Edwards.

This sounds crazy, but I would try starting Woolfolk over Thompson at safety right now. Either him or Fuller. For real. Those excuses about covering for the CBs as to why he was out of position last year have completely evaporated. What's the excuse now?

I know there'd be a slight drop off initially, in terms of experience, but I'd start Tulloch over Sirmon right now.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

This team sucks on the lines right now, and that's where we'll lose. Actually, I think the OLine may be better off, and I'd consider starting a combo of Bell/Stewart/Amano. Piller and Olson I'm about over.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Too early in my opinion. Tulloch hasn't proven he can be consistent and Sirmon's performance hasn't been significantly lower than the rest of the defence, I mean it's hard to punish Sirmon when the entire defence sucks.

At least Albert must somewhere deep down feel good, now that he sees how invaluable he is to this team...

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The Broncos three top backs for the game ran for over 200 yards and a 6 yard average. I don't see how Tulluck played a great game when he was in there for a good part of that scenario. We have a bunch of guys on defense that like to stick guys 8 yards down field.

Anyone who thinks we can trade Sirmon for DL help is on drugs. We might as well try to get Todd Williams back and try him at DT. He couldn't do any worse. Oh, I was in favor of resigning Starks but if that is how he is going to play this year I'd rather not.

We better not trade Brown. Our running game might be the only hope we have of keeping the other teams offense from scoring and Brown is our best 3rd down back by far. If someone wanted Henry we could consider that move. I like how Nash looks better than Ganther. Boy those were a couple of worthwhile picks. We could have had Mike Bell instead of Ganther considering he was an UDFA. Reese is a genius? Keep in mind possibly our best back of the future, White, fell in Reese's lap and he almost screwed that up by trading down thinking he was going to draft Hester. Luckily White was still there.

Maybe we should start a thread called "TITANS SUCK" because based on what I saw that is about all we can say.

7. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

Ok people, Lets just get it over with and sign T-RAC. He has been the only one on our team to get to the Q.B. this year. Sign him now !

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Hopefully Stark's play was influenced by his recent off-field issue (and the general suckiness of the team last night), and will not be representative for his play the rest of the season.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Ellis may now be happy in Dallas. They say he's picking up the new position well. Maybe he can still be had, but it'd look better if he weren't so long in the tooth.

Sirmon still isn't showing any speed, and has gotten destroyed on a lot of blocks. Tulloch may make rookie mistakes, but maybe it's best to get as much experience right now.

To get the best 5 o-line of the field, it's looking like Amano and Stewart may have to work Pillar and Olsen out.

Will Fish make any big decisions like this? From a fans perspective, I think I want to see him try to shake some things up. Can't get much worse.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Oh geez, you're jumping ship now? After just the second preseason game?

This is what you wrote less than a week ago;
    Maybe we shouldn't forget that IT WAS A PRE-SEASON GAME!...Our defense last year was terrible. We have upgraded at all the weak points, OLB, MLB, S and with more experience and Pac playing well at CB.

We have more talent and more experience this year. Our defense should be much better and I think the offense will be better as well.
    http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=20572&page=2

:shake:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar