We need a safety. Patrick Peterson?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The main reason the Titans didn't draft Rolle was because Reese was concerned he would be using the pick on a guy who would eventually be a S. At that time CBs were much higher valued than Ss.

Peterson would be a real good CB no doubt. But in todays NFL I think his biggest impact would be as a S being able to do it all. Think Eric Barry with more speed and bigger. Barry by the way went 5th in the draft.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Interesting fact. Patrick Peterson was born Patrick De'mon Johnson. Cool middle name.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Once he got healthy? Oh... you mean once he stopped getting burned and blaming his "hamstring injury"? lol What a joke.

Notice he was never injured until someone torched him.

Revis is overrated. Teams still constantly throw his direction. He got a few interceptions so people overreacted as they always do. Remember Bob Sanders? Wasn't even a top 5 safety, yet won defensive MVP... that's how easily swayed fans are by highlights.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

When Bob Sanders is on the field, he's certainly a top 5 Safety. And have you never over extended yourself in attempt to try to keep up? That's how it happens, you're a step behind, so you try hitting the next gear. If that gear isn't there, you get hurt. Same thing happened to Kenny Britt this year.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Bob Sanders was never a top 5 safety. He was all hype.

The exact same player at safety that Roy Williams was- and I remember everyone saying he was top safety until everyone finally realized he was a fraud and big hits don't make you a great safety.

Sanders hit a couple guys low and made "jacked up" enough to trick everyone.

No one pays attention that the Colts were better in every aspect of defense without him. Especially pass coverage.

6. 24

24 Starter

Now, before I say this, it should be known that I don't think PP will bust. In fact, I still tentatively have him in my top five overall. But, after watching some more film, I've decided to move Prince above PP. Just one man's opinion. While watching the film, it was clear that PP excelled in zone, Prince excelled in man. If you want to be that "shutdown corner" that everybody wants, you have to do it in man. Prince can do that, PP hasn't shown (yet) that he can. Deuce, I'm somewhat giving you this one, but who knows, we'll both probably be wrong in the end.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Huh?

Um...if you don't think PP's good at man to man coverage, why on earth would you have him in the first round - let alone as a top 5 pick?!?!?!?!?

Gut

8. 24

24 Starter

I've already talked about this with you. I never said he was bad in man, I just said he was better in zone. There's nothing Prince can do that PP can't do (athletically). Based on pure film, Prince is better in man than PP, but PP can still learn to be that shutdown corner (hence the yet).

9. CALI_TITANS

CALI_TITANS Starter

what this team needs is a dt , we pick 8 and we should go after marvin austin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar