We need a safety. Patrick Peterson?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Just a few talking points here....

-Revis is a little overrated and I would take Reed just because of the impact he makes on that team.
    -Peterson is a CB, if a team wants to see what happens and move him to S then go for it but he's the top CB in the draft for a reason.
    -How is he not worth the 8th pick?
    -Him at S would be interesting because I think Finny will have a bounce back year and Verner could be really good.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I don't care what anyone says, but Peterson is the TRUTH.

He won't fall to our 8th pick.

If we would get him with our 8th pick, I would jump for joy. This guy has all the tools to be the next GREAT in the NFL.

Please God, please make Peterson available when we pick...

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Was Antrelle Rolle worth the 8th pick?

He does have all the tools. He just doesn't know how to use them.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You just topped yourself for pure stupidity. :huh:

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. MikeyDay

MikeyDay Clutch like a stick shift

I HATE the Jets but theres no denying Revis is a lockdown guy. Aso is still better but Revis is right there. Duece i know ur entitled to a opinion but when its a debate u gotta provide facts or stats for ur argument. Just sayin bro. I would but im at work on my phone. As for Peterson hes gunna be the next big lockdown guy. Hes got the speed and playmaking ability. He played against the best athletes in the SEC. A perfect throw is something u cant hold against a corner, remember good defense better offense. If we get him id go crazy but we wont. Prince might be there, hes another potential star. If we want safety i say we address it in the 2nd or 3rd round

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Peterson has a chance to go No.1 overall, and despite all my QB talks, I'd take Peterson with the 8th pick if is available. He's the real deal, and IMO would flourish as a SS. He's by far the safest pick. No arrests, failed drug tests or academic issues. The dude is 6 feet tall, 219 pounds, and runs a 4.3. He played in the best conference, faced some of the best athletes in the draft, and dominated. If he's there at 8, we need to get him, then get Locker somehow soon after. And it isn't like Peterson wouldn't want to be a safety, here's what he said about it happening - "If an NFL team needs me to play the safety position, I'm definitely more than willing to transition my game to the safety position."
    So it could happen.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Peterson actually reminds me of Antrel Rolle, I said that like weeks ago. Peterson could easily play FS or CB...

As for the Titans we need a SS, Peterson would be more of a FS. Could make the transition though. Besides, I doubt Patrick will be on the board at #8. Slim chance that the 49ers would pass on him.

Here's some other safeties in the draft we could consider:

1. Rahim Moore (5'11 202), UCLA, Projected late 1st - 2nd. Played mostly FS, could play SS. Arguably the top safety in this years draft.
    2. DeAndre McDaniel (6'0 217), Clemson, Projected 2nd - 3rd. 173 tackles and 12 INT in his Jr & Sr year. Had a slow 40, scouts worry about his deep ball coverage. Aggravated assault charge in 2008.
    3. Ahmad Black (5'10 185), Florida, Projected 3rd - 4th. Undersized, but packs a punch. Has the potential to be a "Bob Sanders" type safety (without the injuries).
    4. Jeron Johnson (5'10 212), Boise, Projected 4th. Had a great combine, was projected 7th round, now a 4th rounder. Ran a 4.56 and did 23 BP. Had 3 years of 80+ tackles.
    5. Tyler Sash (6'0 211), Iowa, Projected 3rd - 4th. Played on a great college D. Plays big and is like a 4th LB. But has decent speed.
    Here's all the combine results for safeties: http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/ScoutingCombine/positions/S.php

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Reminds me of Rolle also... which is why I don't want to touch him.

As for you guys and your ESPN guided opinion on Revis?... What was Revis before Rex? What was he after his 1 great season?

Yep. Thought so. 1 great season in a new system that makes every DB look great doesn't mean sh to me.

Chris Carr looked awesome in Baltimore under that same system.

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

We don't need a saftey as bad as we need D-line. And no where near as bad as we need a QB.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

One of the best corners in the league. He was a shut down guy in the NFL from day one. A lot of people thought Revis was robbed when Finnegan was named All Pro in '08.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar