We need 2 CBs in FA...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

This would be just ridiculously amazing I think but I fear we wont see anything close to it. It's too good of a scenario for us even after the magic JRob pulled off this past year.

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

fixing the secondary should not be hard given the strength in the draft at safety and CB...even if we get totally shut out in FA which won't happen...we would still be able to add Adams/Hooker/Peppers at safety with #5 pick and then a solid CB at #18 or vice versa...my expectation is 3 new starters out of our 5 secondary starters( I count NB as a starting spot)

3. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I think we have to assume this team will miss out on the big names in FA. But i would love if we were very aggressive in FA plus the draft in upgrading WR/DB positions. I dont want us to completely focus on the defense.

4. kenny

kenny Starter

I agree & bet LeBeau would agree as well. He & Mularkey are noted as not liking to play rookies at CB...... I would LOVE to see Bouye & Berry in FA. I just do not think KC will allow Berry to get away. I HOPE I am wrong. I REALLY do. I just do not see it. The team constantly talks about how Berry is the heart of their secondary. I think they have tagged him twice; so they have to pay him, or let some one else. If they let him walk; we SHOULD be all over it IMO. I do not know if TN is willing to spend the kind of money it would take to get him here tho.........

Saw this on twitter earlier.
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A.J. Bouye in coverage today:<br>7 Targets<br>0 Catches Allowed<br>0 Yards Allowed<br>1 Interception<br>1 Pass Breakup<br>0.00 Passer Rating Allowed</p>&mdash; Nathan Jahnke (@PFF_NateJahnke) <a href="">January 8, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Some of those targets were to Cooper. Granted the passes were coming from a rookie QB starting his 1st game; however, they were getting to the WRs & getting broken up - Intercepted.

5. kenny

kenny Starter

As far as WR goes I am not really excited about anyone in FA....... I know Pryor makes some big catches, but he does not seem like the team 1st type of guy JRob wants.

I haven't got to watch much college ball at all. However, from what I have read, seen, & watched on film; Williams & Davis seem pretty impressive. Davis looks to have really good in game speed; & Williams seems to make great contested catches.

I REALLY hope to get more involved in studying CBs & WRs really soon. Work has just been an absolute BIOTTCCCHH lately! 6days @12hrs a day. Sucks.....Checks look nice, just don't feel like going anywhere to spend them......LOL

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I agree that we need to not completely focus on the defense. That is why I want Stills/Pryor in FA. Traditionally WR is a tough position for rookies to come in and make a huge impact. It takes time for them to learn the complexity of the offense, learn how to read complex defenses, and learn how to get separation from great CBs. If either guy wants true #1WR money then pass on them, but I'd pay them good WR#2 money. I just think that either of them will have more impact in the next 2 yrs than a rookie 1st rnd WR. I think it is easier for rookie defensive players to have an impact.

7. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

Against Connor Cook.

Perspective.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Some decent options for sure.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Hoping we can land 1 of the top 3.

10. kenny

kenny Starter

Yes, my post noted that..............

However, Bouye has been doing this all year. Not just against guys of Cooks stature.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar